Work from home jobs in North Carolina, USA – Apply for Accounting Analyst III Work from Home Jobs at American Red Cross – Charlotte, NC. See job descriptions, requirements and link to apply.
Accounting Analyst III Work from Home Jobs at American Red Cross – Job Description
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Grant COE will report to General Accounting division of the Shared Services Center located in Charlotte, NC. This position will work with American Red Cross Chapters/Field Finance and will be responsible for grant accounting and financial reporting for all assigned government contracts. Assist on the external annual Desk Audit Reviews and the Consolidated Audit. This position will report directly to the SSC Grant COE Supervisor. **Telecommuting is an option for this position.
- Review all assigned government contracts and provide guidance to the awardees on all compliance requirements.
- Review all PARs (Program Activity Report) and record all adjusting entries to Oracle’s general ledger for accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare month-end ADI entries to record the program’s adjustments.
- Review and analyze all program expenditures and cost reimbursement reports for accuracy and reconcile financial reports to Oracle’s general ledger.
- Reconcile payroll postings to ensure allocation and approvals are completed.
- Prepare and submit financial reports and vouchers per contract.
- Facilitate monthly Field Finance Program Status calls.
- Ensure the Control Log is accurate and updated on a timely manner.
- Review the monthly account receivable reconciliations to Oracle’s general ledger.
- Serve as the grant liaison on all Desk Audit Reviews and the Consolidated Audit; assist with the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting, finance or business along with 5-7 years of work experience in federal grant reporting for a nonprofit organization.
- Candidates for this position must have thorough knowledge of the OMB (Office and Management Budget) Circulars, 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 230.
- Candidates must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Oracle accounting system and Business Objects is a plus.
- Candidate must be detail oriented; possess good analytical skills and must be able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
- Civic & Social Organization
- Non-profit Organization Management