Apply for Amazon Internship 2023 – See job positions, descriptions, requirements, and how to apply for the internship
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company founded on July 5, 1994 by Jeff Bezos from his garage in Bellevue, Washington. The company focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, online advertising, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
Amazon initially started as an online marketplace for books, and has expanded into a multitude of product categories, which has earned it the company the moniker The Everything Store. The company has multiple subsidiaries including Amazon Web Services (cloud computing), Zoox (autonomous vehicles), Kuiper Systems (satellite Internet), and Amazon Lab126 (computer hardware R&D). It also has other subsidiaries including Ring, Twitch, IMDb, and Whole Foods Market. The company acquired Whole Foods in August 2017 for US$13.4 billion which substantially increased its footprint as a physical retailer. Amazon Internship
See Also: ACLU Internship Application
Amazon is one of the world’s most valuable brands, and one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet, Apple, Meta, and Microsoft. The company has earned a reputation as a disruptor of well-established industries through technological innovation and “aggressive” reinvestment of profits into capital expenditures. As measured by revenue and market share, Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer and marketplace, smart speaker provider, cloud computing service through AWS, live-streaming service through Twitch, and Internet company as of 2021. In 2021, it surpassed Walmart as the world’s largest retailer outside of China. Amazon is currently the second-largest private employer in the United States.
Amazon also distributes a variety of downloadable and streaming content through its Amazon Prime Video (which has over 200 million subscribers worldwide), Amazon Music, Twitch, and Audible units. It has a publishing arm, Amazon Publishing, through which it publishes books. It publishes film and television content through Amazon Studios, and has been the owner of film and television studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer since March 2022. It also produces consumer electronics, most popular of which are Kindle e-readers, Echo devices, Fire tablets, and Fire TVs.
See Also: JP Morgan Internship Application
Amazon internship hiring process
Amazon offers a paid internship program for interested students. The position is highly competitive so you need to be well prepared before you apply. You would also need to be well versed with their hiring process. The hiring process for internship positions at Amazon usually lasts a few weeks, and typically goes as follows:
The application is done online on the company’s official website. Application is on a rolling basis so the earlier you apply the better your chances. You will also need to submit your resume, so make sure it is updated and well tailored to fit the job description.
2. Online assessments
Amazon usually includes two online assessments in the hiring process of its interns. The Online Assessments (commonly referred to as OAs), consists of LeetCode-style coding questions usually 2 per assessment.
See Also: Riot Games Internship Eligibility and Application
3. Final interview
This final interview round is usually with a hiring manager and can vary in nature, but is usually a mixed of behavioral questions and technical interview question. You may also be asked non-coding questions like explaining a technical concept to a beginner or talking through how you’d solve a technical problem.
4. Job Offer
The hiring team at Amazon will review your profile to see if you are a good fit for the company. If you fit, then you’ll be contacted and given a job offer.
Top 10 Amazon Internship Hiring Positions and their Salary
Amazon pays their interns an average salary of $91,000 per year. Depending on your job role and position, your salary may be higher or lower than this. Below are the top 10 internship hiring positions and their annual salaries:
Benefits of Amazon Internship Program
Amazon awards their interns so many benefits which you can gain from once you become an intern. Below are some of the various benefits you can enjoy as an Amazon intern:
See Also: Facebook Internship Requirements and Application
- Competitive salary.
- Housing stipend of $2,425/month.
- Opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship.
- Amazing tools to own your project and learn in a real-world setting.
- Opportunity for a full-time offer at the end of the internship – called a return offer. Amazon generally extends return offers to about 75% of its interns.
- Your manager will give you feedback and performance reviews throughout your internship so you’ll know if you’re on track to getting a return offer, or need to improve your performance.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor; both of whom you will work alongside to complete projects. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Amazon technology and lead mission critical projects. The projects you will work on will directly impact users.
Amazon has relatively few requirements to apply to their internships, and they’re all pretty standard. However, each role will have its own specific requirements that every candidate will have to fulfill. In general, you will need to meet the following criteria to apply for any role:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or majors relating to these fields (the authors applied as math majors).
- Although not a strict requirement, Amazon prefers candidates with some previous technical experience. To be specific, programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, or C++, with experience in object-oriented design is a big plus.
How to search for Amazon internship opportunities online
To search for Amazon internship opportunities online, simply visit the Amazon internship official website and browse through available job positions. There are several positions you can apply for depending on your qualifications and interests. Look through the ones you are interested in and make sure you meet all the requirements before you apply. There are also several websites online that you can use to search for Amazon internship opportunities, they include: Indeed, Glassdoor, and LinkedIn.
See Also: Nintendo Internship Application
Step-by-step application guide
To apply for an internship position at Amazon, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Amazon internship website.
- Browse through available internship roles. You can browse jobs by keyword and location.
- Choose the position that interests you and read the job description thoroughly to make sure you meet all the requirements for the position.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Sign up for an account or login into your account if you already have one. From there, you’ll have to follow their instructions to complete your application.
Official Amazon internship website: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/