Apply for Animal Laboratory Research Supervisor Job at UC San Diego 2019. See job description, qualifications and the link to apply.
UC San Diego is recognized as one of the largest employers in San Diego County with outstanding benefits and a diverse community of faculty, staff and students.
#100372 Animal Laboratory Research Supervisor
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Filing Deadline: Wed 7/17/2019
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 7/8/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 7/17/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Animal Laboratory Research Supervisor Job at UC San Diego 2019 – DESCRIPTION
The Dept. of Neurosciences Center for Neural Repair studies nerve plasticity, injury and repair using translational animal research models of spinal cord injury and Alzheimer’s disease.
Under minimal supervision, the Animal Laboratory Research Supervisor will oversee the activities and technical support staff of animal surgery and behavioral testing labs for the Center for Neural Repair. Incumbent is responsible for the supervision and instruction of others regarding surgical techniques, and the design and execution of behavioral paradigms aimed at developing surgical and behavioral testing models that support stem cell and gene-based therapies for central nervous system disorders including Alzheimer’s disease and Spinal Cord Injury.
The Animal Laboratory Research Supervisor will provide supervision of entry/intermediate level research and/or instructional associates and laboratory support staff. Typically works in small to medium or single facility laboratory. Supervises the development and execution of major or multi-disciplinary research projects or instructional and experiment design.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Focus of knowledge and skills dependent on area of specialty (laboratory research or instructional/experimental design). Advanced and highly specific knowledge and expertise associated with conducting and reporting on scientific research experiments and findings.
- Advanced knowledge of a limited variety of specialized laboratory equipment.
- Leadership skills associated with planning work assignments, establishing priorities and scheduling instructional space.
- Solid interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and analysis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of research discipline or instructional design to collaborate effectively with faculty and function as a resource to research and instructional associates.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills to effectively supervise staff.
- Ability to conduct and report on scientific experiments and findings.
- Knowledge of necessary lab safety procedures and requirements, as well as chemical disposal guidelines.
- Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG)license.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work with small animals.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the official job site to apply: Click here to Apply
See Also: Other Jobs from the same institution