Strength and conditioning jobs in Montana, USA – Apply for Assistant Coach – Strength & Conditioning jobs at Montana State University – Bozeman, MT. See job description, requirements and how to apply.
STAFF – VA – 19393
For Questions Regarding This Position, Please Contact
Alex Willcox at 406-994-7076 or email@example.com
Assistant Coach – Strength & Conditioning
Brief Position Overview
Join the Montana State University’s Athletics Department to be a part of the team for persons seeking a student-centered learning environment distinguished by innovation and discovery in a Rocky Mountain setting!
If other, specify From date
If other, specify End date
Exempt from Collective Bargaining
$50,000.00 per year
If other, please specify
Responsible for assisting the Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator with all facets of Montana State’s Strength and Conditioning department. The Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach reports directly to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including adhering to all Departmental, University, Big Sky Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations
- cooperate with all coaches and administrative staff within the intercollegiate athletics programs to enhance overall departmental operations.
- Direct supervision of two full time assistant strength and conditioning coach positions and delegation of responsibility.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of annual training plans, as well as data collection, analysis and interpretation for all Olympic sports.
- Responsible for implementing best possible teaching and coaching practices, technique methodologies, spotting techniques and weight room safety awareness.
- Collaborate and communicate with Assigned Sport Coaches, Athletic Training Department, Nutrition Department, Academic Department, Equipment Room and Wellness Team to ensure best methodologies are being used to maximize the total development of each student-athlete.
- Assist with scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes when recruits are visiting on-campus.
- Schedule facility space for training needs in conjunction with Sports Facilities Department and Administration.
- Assist Sport Coaches with best methods of implementing and scheduling training in conjunction with sport practices and class schedules.
- Participate in clinics and sport camps as requested and approved.
- Perform all other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, assigned Head Sport Coaches, assigned Sport Administrators and the Director of Athletics.
- Maintain positive, professional and productive working relationships with student-athletes, sport coaches, administrators, and fellow support staff.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, strength and conditioning or related field.
- Has at least 5 years of direct experience coaching strength and conditioning at the collegiate level or commensurate experience.
- Has supervisory experience over semester student interns, student-internship program and/or graduate assistant ship positions.
- CSCS and/or CSCCA certification.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Master’s degree in exercise science, strength and conditioning or related field.
- Has at least 8 years of direct experience coaching strength and conditioning at the collegiate level or commensurate experience.
- Has additional supervisory experience over full-time staff positions.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Strong interpersonal skills and value relationship building, collaboration and communication. They will have the ability to effectively and professionally relate to internal and external constituents and diverse populations.
- Have excellent motivational skills, have high degree of emotional intelligence, embody servant leadership and demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills
- Have impeccable integrity and moral compass.
- Have a thorough commitment to NCAA and MSU rules and regulations.
- Be self-motivated, make sound judgments, and be able to relate to and have a high interest in young people.
- Immediately become committed to the mission and strategic plan of the Department of Athletics and overarching mission of MSU.
Position Special Requirements/Additional Information
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Physical Demands
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This position has supervisory duties?
- Posting Detail Information
- Number of Vacancies
- Desired Start Date
- Upon completion of a successful search.
- Position End Date (if temporary)
- Open Date
- Close Date
Applications Will Be
- Screening of applications will begin on July 2, 2019, however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
- Special Instructions
- Diversity Statement
- Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
- Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
- Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
- MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: ontana.edu/hr/disability_accommodation/complaints_grievances.html .
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Higher Education
- Education Management