Strength and Conditioning jobs in Oregon, USA – Apply for Assistant Football Coach Jobs (Defensive Asst. /Strength and Conditioning) at Eastern Oregon University – La Grande, OR. See job description, qualifications, responsibilities and the link t apply.
Job Description Summary
Eastern Oregon University has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and inspiring Assistant Football Coach (Defensive Assistant /Strength and Conditioning). Position assists the Head Coach in conducting the EOU Football program and its defense and strength and conditioning teams activities for a competitive NAIA Division 1 University. EOU boasted a record-breaking and historic 2016 football season, a top 25 finish for 2018 and strives for excellence to continually build a competitive program.
The Assistant Football Coach (Defensive Assistant/Strength and Conditioning) responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all facets of the program to develop an elite NAIA Football program that will be competitive within the Frontier Conference on the field, in the classroom and in the community. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess the ability to lead, teach and coach student-athletes in a challenging environment.
The Eastern Oregon University Assistant Football Coach Is Expected To Adhere To The NAIA Coaches Code And EOU’s Athletic Department’s Guiding Principles
The EOU Assistant Football Coach demands a capable and deeply committed professional who is a great teacher and a person of character.
- Support the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of student-athletes through a robust system of care and support that produces quality student-athlete experiences.
- Reflect high standards of academic excellence.
- A competent pursuit of athletic excellence shown by competing for Frontier Conference titles and participating in NAIA postseason play by advancing to the national championships.
- Embrace the responsibility for equitable treatment and promotion of diversity, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Encourage department innovation for enhanced success, and cultivate a mindset for growth, professional development, work-life integration, and department financial vitality.
- Promote community engagement and student-athlete character development through respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Strictly adhere to the highest level of fiscal control and full compliance with all governing associations with transparency and integrity.
- Engage EOU alumni through collaborative efforts that generate “Lifelong Mountie” loyalty and support.
Assist the Head Football Coach in all areas including:
- Defensive Asst. /strength and conditioning
- Assist in the coordination of all strength and conditioning
- Help Coordinate video system
- Be committed to student-athlete development
- Assist with administrative office duties
- Perform other duties assigned by the head coach
- Bachelor’s degree or working to complete one.
- Prior college playing or coaching experience
- 2 years of experience w/ DL and LB’s (BOX)
- 2 years experience supervising college football strength and conditioning program
- 2 years experience recruiting for college football program
- 1 year experience involved with Special Teams
- Experience working with HUDL video systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of and commitment to NAIA and Frontier Conference rules
- Ability to work in noise, heat, cold, odors, dirt, outdoor temperatures, snow, and difficult situations.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
- Ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours during the workday.
- Ability to work weekends, occasional holidays, and inclement weather.
Ability to repetitively lift, carry, and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull equipment (for example, football sleds, dummies, and pads) a minimum of 10 yards without assistance.
- Ability to climb/exit a press box, get to a filming location or similar situations.
- Must satisfactorily complete EOU criminal and credential background check.
- Valid work authorization documents required.
Master’s Degree in a related field.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Eastern Oregon University is an EEO Employer and welcomes applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, US Veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Salary $12,000 – $17,000 Annual Stipend DOQ
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Higher Education
- Education Management
How to Apply for Strength And Conditioning Coach Jobs
To begin the process, click on the link below.
Closing Date for application: Not Specified
If the job has expired, kindly see fresh 1,000+ strength and conditioning job in USA – Updated Daily
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.