Strength and conditioning jobs in California, USA – Apply for Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at University of San Francisco, CA. See job description, requirements and the link to apply.
Job description – Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs
The Associate Strength and Conditioning Coach will report to Assistant Athletic Director of
Athletic Performance. This coach will be an integral part of the preparation of our student-
athletes for participation and will develop and gain experience through research-based training
modalities aimed at injury prevention, performance preparation and the physical, psychological
and cognitive development of our student-athletes.
**Full Job Description:**
- Assist with the development and administration of a sound strength and conditioning
program, teaching safe lifting and movement techniques and overall supervision of
weight room and conditioning sessions.
- Head Strength Coach for 2-4 teams (approximately 55 student-athletes).
- Coordinate athletic performance profiles for assigned teams (55 student-athletes).
- Assist with the implementation of SpartaTrac Force Plate scans and evaluations of
unique Movement Signatures for all student-athletes.
- Collaborate with and assist the Sports Medicine Staff in developing sports specific return
to play rehabilitation protocols for injured student-athletes.
- Assist in the evaluation and development of all regeneration programming.
- Organize and input data for the athletic performance database to ensure accurate
reporting of student-athlete progress and planning.
- CPR/AED Certified
- Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS certified) or the
Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC certification).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- **Minimum Requirements:**
Bachelor’s degree required in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
Pursuing or completed Master’s degree in Exercise Sports Science or related area
Pursuing or completed certification CSCS, USAW, CSCCa or SCCC
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, oral and written skills
Relentless work ethic; a strong desire to be involved in Strength and Conditioning at the
collegiate or professional level
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; must be diligent and willing to learn
passionate about teaching/motivating student-athletes; work cooperatively with coaches and
sports medicine staff; familiarity and commitment to working in culturally diverse, strong
academic environment; proficient at various computer/technology applications; adhere to all
University, West Coast Conference and NCAA regulations.
This position requires a minimum of 30 hours per week; Knowledge of and adherence to the mission and goals of the Athletic
Performance Department and The University of San Francisco.
Commensurate with experience.
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Job Title:* Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Full-Time/Part-Time:* Full time
- Pay Rate:* Salary
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Higher Education
- Education Management
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.