This article will provide you with a detailed and up-to-date description of the bank teller Job description, The duties, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and annual salary are all listed here. Are you getting ready to interview for a bank teller position? Or are you looking to recruit and hire talented bank teller that will provide support to your company? Everything you need to know about an bank teller job description is here.Machine Operator Job Description
This bank teller job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a bank telling. It’s useful to post on various job sites to assist by recording transactions, which involves logging checks and preparing transaction reports. You can use this information as a job seeker to make a good resume and get ready for an interview.Machine Operator Job Description
Bank Teller Job Description
Tellers at banks not only perform clerical and administrative tasks, but also help customers with inquiries, complete transactions, and handle other banking needs. Bank Teller Job Description
A teller or bank clerk is an employee of a financial institution who assists customers with basic banking needs. Every day, they deal with customers’ deposits, withdrawals, and requests for money orders and cashier’s checks.
The role and responsibilities of a bank teller are generally well-known. A teller’s job is to help customers with their regular banking needs. Deposits, withdrawals, and check transactions are all examples.Bank Teller Job Description
Duties of Bank Teller
- Recording transactions, which involves logging checks and preparing transaction reports
- Counting and packaging currency
- Reconciling cash drawers
- Opening new accounts and helping with loan applications
- Exchanging foreign currencyBank Teller Job Description
- Promoting the bank’s products and services
- Keeping customers’ personal information confidential
- Communicating with other bank team members
Responsibilities of Bank Teller
- Assisting customers with processing transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, or payments, resolving complaints or account discrepancies, and answering questions.Bank Teller Job Description
- Informing customers about bank products and services.
- Tracking, recording, reporting, and storing information related to transactions, bank supplies, and customers, ensuring all information is accurate and complete.
- Maintaining and balancing cash drawers and reconciling discrepancies.
- Packaging cash and rolling coins to be stored in drawers or the bank vault.
- Keeping a clean, organized work area and a professional appearance.
- Handling currency, transactions, and confidential information in a responsible manner.
- Using software to track bank information and generate reports.
- Following all bank financial and security regulations and procedures.
Qualifications of a Bank Teller
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- 1-2 years of experience as a teller or in a related field preferred
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimalsBank Teller Job Description
- Demonstrated ability to use a calculator and a computer
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products
- Experience with financial institution software systems preferred
- Cash handling, customer service, and/or sales experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Skills of a Bank Teller
- Filling out paperwork/deposit and withdrawal slips
- Overseeing ATM deposits and withdrawals
- Answering the phones
- Balancing numbers at the end of the business day
Salary of a Bank Teller
An entry-level Bank Teller with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.72 based on 628 salaries. An early career Bank Teller with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.44 based on 1,333 salaries. A mid-career Bank Teller with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.80 based on 345 salaries. An experienced Bank Teller with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $15.37 based on 234 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $16.
In conclusion, the bank teller is responsible for assisting customers with processing transactions, such as deposits, withdrawals, or payments, resolving complaints or account discrepancies, and answering questions.
Another important responsibility is to packaging cash and rolling coins to be stored in drawers or the bank vault.
Finally, the duties of a bank teller are to promoting the bank’s products and service.