In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Banquet Server Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Banquet Server, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Banquet Server Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Banquet Server Job Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will be responsible for serving food and beverages, helping prepare the event space, and cleaning up the event space once the affair is complete. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Job Description of a QA, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Banquet Server Job Description
A banquet server is someone who works at special functions and events for a catering service or a hotel. A banquet server is required to accommodate all guests by circulating the room with food and drink trays during service.
A Banquet Server works as part of a large team for a Banquet Hall, Country Club, or Resort. Banquet Servers are in charge of serving food and drinks to guests at large to medium-sized events such as weddings, corporate events, holiday parties, religious events, and so on. Direct table service, buffet service, and bar service are all examples of duties. Some busing and general cleaning may also be required. Candidates who are highly motivated can find a career in management.
While there is no required education other than a High School Diploma, some Hospitality study is highly desired. Most restaurant schools offer a hospitality degree. People who want to master the job will obtain the Basset certification in order to serve alcohol. Being quick on your feet, quick thinker, and having good memory retention are all important predictors of success in the industry. Banquet servers are frequently on their feet and moving quickly for extended periods of time. This field attracts people who are energetic and hardworking.
Read Also: Physician Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of Banquet Server (Banquet Server Job Duties)
- Greeting visitors as they enter a venue and assisting them in finding their seats.
- Answering questions, taking orders, communicating special instructions to the kitchen and bar, and serving food and beverages to ensure the comfort of guests.
- Directing guests to necessary services and features, and leading guests on tours of the location.
- Assisting with event preparation, setup, and teardown, including setting up and packing away tables, tablecloths, and place settings, as well as buffets. Banquet Server Job Description
Read Also: Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Responsibilities of Banquet Server
- Assisting other employees to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Following safety and quality regulations.
- Trays of appetizers and beverages were passed around the room.
- Attend pre-event meetings to learn about the schedule and menu.
- Dress according to the event guidelines.
- All guests should be served promptly and courteously.
- Memorize the event menu so that you can provide guests with timely information.
- Tables should be cleared, cleaned, and staged between courses.
- For all shifts, wear slip-resistant footwear.
- When serving alcohol, follow all applicable laws.
- Unless approved by management, work the entire assigned shift.
- Food and beverage orders should be relayed.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and sanitary awareness.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and go above and beyond to exceed customer service expectations.
- Keep your cool in a fast-paced environment.
- Important information about orders, allergies, and special requests should be relayed to the appropriate person.
- Any concerns should be addressed as soon as possible and appropriately.
- Professional appearance and mannerisms are required. Banquet Server Job Description
Read Also: Pharmacy Technician Job Description CVS, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Banquet Server (Banquet Server job qualifications)
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Server experience is preferred.
- Age restrictions may apply when serving alcoholic beverages.
Banquet Server Job Skills
- Guest-friendly and attentive.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, such as standing for long periods of time, climbing stairs, and carrying heavy objects.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service abilities.
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions.
- CPR training may be useful. Banquet Server Job Description
Read Also: Inventory Clerk Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Banquet Server Job Salary
Based on 14 salaries, an entry-level Banquet Server with less than one year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.96. Based on 106 salaries, an entry-level Banquet Server with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.98. Based on 42 salaries, a mid-career Banquet Server with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.90. Based on 31 salaries, an experienced Banquet Server with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.10. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total compensation of $15,000.
Read Also: Accounting Coordinator Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, a Banquet Server, also known as a Banquet Waiter, is in charge of serving food and drinks to guests at venues or catering events. Their responsibilities include greeting guests, taking their orders, delivering the appropriate drinks and dishes, and refilling their beverages as needed. Banquet Server Job Description
Leave a Reply