Apply for the vacant Biorepository Coordinator Job at UC San Diego 2019. See job description, qualifications and how to apply.
#100371 Biorepository Coordinator
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Filing Deadline: Wed 7/10/2019
This is a UC San Diego Internal Recruitment open to UCSD and UCSD Health System Staff Only
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 7/9/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 7/10/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
Under supervision, will recruit Cancer Center and Medical Center patients for sample banking. The samples will be available to Cancer Center researchers and community investigators for oncology research. Duties will include identifying and obtaining informed consent from patients seen in cancer center clinics or inpatients, as well as explaining the nature of the study, confidentiality and procedures. Screen medical records, abstract relevant medical data per protocol. Coordinate with various clinical laboratories for appropriate blood sample to be drawn. Assist in creation and maintenance of a database that correlates samples with clinical data. Accurately record patient data into appropriate databases. Perform long term follow-up of participating patients, request ongoing medical data as applicable. Act as a liaison for the Biorepository with investigators/researchers both at UCSD and in the community. Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Theoretical knowledge of a biological science, microbiology, social sciences or a related field as typically attained by a Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with research protocol in order to screen patients for eligibility and orient participating physicians. Experience with laboratory procedures and values and experience in interpreting them to determine patient eligibility and potential toxicities.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, oncology disease processes and treatments, oncology clinical research and related diagnostic and laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to handle samples for processing and shipping.
- Experience in obtaining patient/participant consent to participate in research studies. Ability to answer questions relating to study and convey pertinent information.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills (using grammatically correct written English and accurate typing) to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels of the organization, exercising tact, mature judgment, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness. Skill at negotiating with various personalities and developing internal and external network of contacts. Excellent phone etiquette skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and work at multiple locations.
- Ability to interact with a large variety of physicians, healthcare professionals, cancer patients and families in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of using computer software applications including word processing and database applications and email. Accurate computer word-processing and database skills.
- Knowledge to comply with the State of California laboratory guidelines/requirements regarding biosafety/universal precautions.
- Experience performing clinical research duties in a clinical research environment. Experience working with IRB and HIPAA policies regulating biospecimen collection under NCI biospecimen collection guidelines.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Annual TB screen.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings when necessary.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the official job site to apply: Click here to Apply
See Also: Other Jobs from the same institution
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.