In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Case Worker Job Description. Here you will also find the duties of a Case Worker, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Case Worker template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Case Worker. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will give psychosocial support to people, families, and communities dealing with chronic, intense, or terminal illnesses. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Case Worker Job Description
A Caseworker is often hired at a social services agency to monitor the well-being of those who have received State or Federal assistance. Caseworkers are entrusted with following up on problems ranging from protective child services to public aid. Visits to families’ homes or schools are common in this field. A Caseworker’s primary responsibility is to ensure the public’s well-being while protecting state and federal budgets.Case Worker Job Description
The typical Caseworker education involves a bachelor’s degree in Social Services as well as a state counseling license. Many municipal and state colleges offer this educational option. Caseworkers frequently work with families who have experienced loss or trauma. Case workers must have genuine compassion in order to help people get through difficult circumstances. Working closely with a diverse group of people necessitates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties of Case Worker (Case Worker Job Duties)
- Maintaining and filing case history reports
- Conducting interviews with clients to assess their situational needs
- Identifying which services and assistance are required
- Assisting the customer in obtaining social, financial, health, and legal assistance.
- Creating a strategy to increase the client’s well-being
- Regular check-ins are planned to monitor progress and identify new needs.Case Worker Job Description
- Reviewing and modifying plans as the individual’s circumstances change
Responsibilities of Case Worker Job
- Compassionate with teamwork abilities
- Current license, certification, or registration
- BS degree in a linked healthcare sector
- Coordinate with upper management report on ongoing cases and obtain new assignments
- Examine all new cases and set up an introductory meeting.
- Individual compliance should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Note any and all changes to a families surroundings or economic situation
- Make assessments to the amount of service they need
- Appeal to management for any recommended change affecting a cases household
- Work one-on-one with families to educate them on how to maximize their potential.
- Counsel family members who require it.
Qualifications for a Case Worker Job
- A valid state counselor’s license is required.
- 3+ years of experience in the field of social work
- Basic computer abilities
- Communication abilities that are both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel locally 5 days a week
- Genuine concern for people‘s well-being
- Transport that is dependable
- A current driver’s license
Case Worker Job Skills
- Proven professional experience in case management, including as a Nurse, Medical, Mental Health Care Manager or a comparable role
- Excellent understanding of case management principles, healthcare management, and reimbursement.Case Worker Job Description
- Previous experience with psychological aspects of care
- Effective communication abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- familiarity with professional and technological evolving knowledge
- Problem-solving skills and capacity to multi–task
Case Worker Job Salary
Based on 14 salaries, an entry-level Medical Caseworker with 1-4 years of experience gets an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.72. A mid-career Medical Caseworker with 5-9 years of experience gets an average total salary of $20.00 based on 6 salaries. Based on 5 salaries, the average total salary for an experienced Medical Caseworker with 10-19 years of experience is $20.95.
In summary, a Caseworker, also known as a Welfare Worker, is responsible for assisting people, children, and families in locating and obtaining government resources such as healthcare, financial aid, and counseling. Their responsibilities include meeting with clients to determine their requirements, utilizing resources from the government, healthcare, and financial service industries to support their clients, and contacting with their clients on a regular basis.