Apply for the vacant Chief Administrative Officer Job at UC San Diego 2019. See full job description, qualifications and how to apply.
#100350 Chief Administrative Officer
Hiring Salary Range: $78,900 – $104,150 / Annual
Filing Deadline: Thu 7/18/2019
Chief Administrative Officer Job at UC San Diego – Job Description
The incumbent serves as the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and principal adviser to the Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering department, a dynamic, excellent, internationally prominent department with a strong interdisciplinary, cutting-edge research portfolio, and attractive and innovative educational programs.
The Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic planning, implementation and management of all administrative activities in the department. Duties include: fiscal management; contracts, grants and gifts; payroll; human resources; student affairs; internal controls and risk management and external relations. Oversees the management of research and teaching laboratories, shops and office space and the inventories of all departmental and center space and facilities, as well as their assignment, utilization and safety procedures.
The Chief Administrative Officer exercises maximum initiative, creativity and leadership within the parameters of Department, Center and University policies and regulations to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Department.
Qualifications Needed for Chief Administrative Officer Job at UC San Diego
- Broad knowledge of the organization’s processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and / or personnel management under labor contract(s) and personnel policy.
- Broad knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; and / or accounting and payroll.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence / persuade all levels of staff.
- Skills in organization and customer service to effectively manage multiple important priorities. Proven ability to organize department work functions in an efficient and effective manner.
- Broad knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
- Skills to work collaboratively with other locations.
- Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
- Demonstrated management and conflict resolution skills to effectively lead and motivate others.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a changeable environment. Ability to provide leadership in implementing organizational change.
- Skill to analyze large quantities of data (financial, space, workload) and in identifying objectives and constraints, and developing effective recommendations. Knowledge of web-based information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to establish appropriate controls and operate effectively within a control environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement proper risk management practices.
- Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Overtime may be required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the official job site to apply: Click here to Apply
See Also: Other Jobs from the same institution
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.