In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Community Health Worker Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Community Health Worker, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Community Health Worker Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Community Health Worker Job Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will serve as liaisons between health educators, communities, social services and other healthcare professionals. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: School Nurse Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Community Health Worker Job Description
A community health worker is a public health professional who assists community members in receiving proper care. They may assist in the facilitation of care to assist individuals in locating support for their mental, physical, or emotional health. They frequently work for non-profit or government organizations. These professionals have a thorough understanding of available health-care resources, allowing them to coordinate appropriate care based on a patient’s demographics and needs.Community Health Worker Job Description
Community health professionals assist individuals in gaining access to critical resources such as local health care, food banks, and social services. These professionals build trusting relationships with community members in order to provide effective support. If you want to work in public health or community service, becoming a community health professional could be a good fit. In this article, we define a community health worker, describe the duties they perform, discuss how to become one, list the skills required, describe the work environment, and discuss the salary associated with this role.Community Health Worker Job Description
Read Also: Content Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Duties of Community Health Worker (Community Health Worker Job Duties)
- Assisting individuals and families in gaining access to health resources
- Facilitating client empowerment and communication in interactions with health care/social service systems
- Assisting health care and social service systems in becoming culturally relevant and responsive to their clientele
Responsibilities of Community Health Worker
- Connect uninsured or underinsured members of the community to the mental health, medical care, and social services they require.
- As needed, provide social support and interventional counseling.
- Help with case management efforts.
- Provide family planning information and resources.
- Teach basic health education, such as good hygiene habits and disease prevention.
- Information must be interpreted or translated.
- Enter data into a database
- As needed, collect and report data to a healthcare provider or hospital.
- Assisting individuals in understanding their health condition(s) and developing strategies to improve their health and well-being
- Assisting in the development of understanding and social capital to support healthier behaviors and lifestyle choices
- Providing health information in a culturally appropriate manner
- Connecting people to health-care and social-service resources
- As needed, provide informal counseling, support, and follow-up with patients.
- Collaborate with other professionals to assess patients’ medical or physical conditions and client needs.
- Advocate on behalf of clients or patients to help them resolve crises.
- Work with other professionals to assess client needs and plan treatments.
- When necessary, investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action.
- Interview clients to learn about their backgrounds, needs, and progress.
- In crisis situations, intervene to assist clients.
- Clients should be referred to community or social service programs.
- Individuals should be referred to educational or employment programs.
Read Also: Job Description of a School Registrar, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills & Salary
Qualifications for Community Health Worker (Community Health Worker job qualifications)
- A bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field is preferred
- Work experience as a Community Health Worker or a similar role is required.
- Working experience with people from various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker is required.Community Health Worker Job Description
- Community facility experience and resources for discharge planning
Community Health Worker Job Skills
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Understanding the healthcare team’s roles
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of the psychosocial aspects of illness and health
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent crisis intervention abilities
- Excellent skills in short-term counseling.Community Health Worker Job Description
Read Also: Hair Stylist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Community Health Worker Job Salary
Based on 55 salaries, an entry-level Community Health Worker with less than one year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.19. Based on 369 salaries, an early career Community Health Worker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.87. Based on 147 salaries, a mid-career Community Health Worker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.64. Based on 80 salaries, an experienced Community Health Worker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.28. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total compensation of $20.Community Health Worker Job Description
Read Also: Clinic Director Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
In summary, a Community Health Worker is a medical professional who serves as an advocate for their patients in the community. They work to promote, maintain, and improve health by offering social support as well as individual counseling to their patients as needed.
Leave a Reply