In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Job description of a Data Architect. Here you will also find the duties of a Job description of a data architect, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Job Description for Accounting Specialist
This Data Architect job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Job Description for a Data Architect. Job Description of Office Clerk
It’s ready to post on various job sites and the main responsibility of a Job Description for Data Architect is to develop, optimize, and oversee our company’s conceptual and logical data systems.
Data Architect Job Description
A Data Architect analyzes the data needs of the company and uses skills in coding to maintain secure databases. They then collect and organize the data obtained. A Data Architect uses their training in analytics and various coding programs to analyze information and draw conclusions based on their findings. Additionally, using mathematical and statistical theory methods they present findings to management which are then used to improve various initiatives within the company. A Data Architect can look at a set of data and seek out patterns and utilize the information to remain competitive in the business of their employer.
A Data Architect meets with management and determines the best methods to gather the information required. Advanced education in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field is required, with many in the position holding a Master’s degree. Meticulous attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand abstract concepts, is essential to perform well in this role.
Duties of a Data Architect
- Developing database solutions to store and retrieve company information.
- Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality.
- Analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Enhance system performance by conducting tests, diagnosing issues, and integrating new components.
- Optimize existing and new database systems.
- Define security measures and backup.
- Coordinate with the department of Data Science to determine future needs and requirements.
- Support operational Management Information Systems (MIS).
Responsibilities of a Data Architect
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Developing and implementing an overall organizational data strategy that is in line with business processes. The strategy includes data model designs, database development standards, implementation and management of data warehouses and data analytics systems.
- Identifying data sources, both internal and external, and working out a plan for data management that is aligned with organizational data strategy.
- Coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors for the smooth functioning of the enterprise data system.
- Managing end-to-end data architecture, from selecting the platform, designing the technical architecture, and developing the application to finally testing and implementing the proposed solution.
- Planning and execution of big data solutions using technologies such as Hadoop. In fact, the big data architect roles and responsibilities entail the complete life-cycle management of a Hadoop Solution.
- Defining and managing the flow of data and dissemination of information within the organization.
- Integrating technical functionality, ensuring data accessibility, accuracy, and security.
- Conducting a continuous audit of data management system performance, refine whenever required, and report immediately any breach or loopholes to the stakeholders.
Qualifications of a Data Architect
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Skills of a Data Architect
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R).
- Proven analytical skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field.
Salary of a Data Architect
The estimated total pay for a Data Architect is $162,651 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $119,432 per year. These numbers represent the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated additional pay is $43,220 per year. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing.
In summary, Job Description for a data analyst is someone who is responsible for Conducting a continuous audit of data management system performance, refine whenever required, and report immediately any breach or loopholes to the stakeholders.
Coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors for the smooth functioning of the enterprise data system.
Finally, Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.