In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated data scientist job description. Here you will also find the duties of a data scientist, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This data scientist job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a data scientist. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire talented data scientist who will oversee the ongoing operations of all divisions in the company. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.Data Scientist Job Description
Data Scientist Job Description
A Data Scientist is a professional who collects large data sets using analytical, statistical, and programming skills. They develop data-driven solutions that are specifically tailored to an organization’s needs.
Data scientists use their analytical, statistical, and programming abilities to collect, analyze, and interpret massive data sets. They then use this data to develop data-driven solutions to complex business problems. Typically, data scientists hold a bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or economics. Statistics and machine learning, programming languages, databases, machine learning, and reporting technologies are among the many technical skills possessed by data scientists.Data Scientist Job Description
Duties of a Data Scientist
Data Scientists use coding and other computer programming tactics to automate data collection and storage tasks. They may work closely with company departments or even create a system for storing collected information within their databases. Data Scientists help companies by providing them with valuable insights into how to improve their business operations.Data Scientist Job Description
Data Scientists are responsible for utilizing their programming skills to create automated systems that assist businesses in enhancing their operations. Collecting raw data from various sources, analyzing the results or creating new studies, and transferring the data into an appropriate format for analysis are among their responsibilities. In addition, they must collaborate closely with other departments and make decisions regarding where data should be stored and what information is required, all while adhering to applicable legal or regulatory guidelines.Data Scientist Job Description
Responsibilities of a Data Scientist
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.Data Scientist Job Description
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Qualifications of a Data Scientist
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Skills of a Data Scientist
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Gplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Salary of a Data Scientist
The estimated total pay for a Data Scientist is NGN 1,650,000 per month in the Lagos area, with an average salary of NGN 250,000 per month. These numbers represent the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated additional pay is NGN 1,400,000 per month. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing.
A good data scientist is more than just analyzing large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns. A good data scientist assists in the work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
He / She ensures that they have knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
Finally, the duties of a data scientist is to experience working with and creating data architectures.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.