In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Infantryman job description. Here you will also find the duties of the Diesel Mechanic, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Diesel Mechanic job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Diesel Mechanic. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will inspect, diagnose and repair diesel-powered vehicles and machines, like trucks, forklifts, and trailers. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Radiation Therapist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Diesel Mechanic Job Description
Diesel mechanics are in charge of the upkeep and repair of diesel-powered vehicles. Their responsibilities include performing diagnostic tests on automobiles, test driving vehicles to evaluate performance, and keeping detailed records of the vehicles they service.
Diesel Mechanics often work in repair shops, diagnosing and repairing mechanical issues with diesel-powered vehicles and larger machines. They work with customers to analyze the problem with their vehicle, determine what is needed to repair it, and devise a repair plan. Once the car is repaired, they implement preventive measures and strategies to keep the problem from recurring.
Diesel mechanics frequently inventory parts for various cars and maintain complete records of all the automobiles they’ve serviced. Many Diesel Mechanics are also in charge of keeping the shop clean and organized.Diesel Mechanic Job Description
Read Also: Asset Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of a Diesel Mechanic (Diesel Mechanic job Duties)
- Diesel engine diagnostics and repair
- Troubleshoot and fix hydraulic, braking, gearbox, steering, and other systems.
- Carry out preventative maintenance.
- As needed, do welding or fabrication activities on trailers and other equipment.
- Create work orders and place parts orders
- Keep your workplace clean and safe.
Responsibilities of a Diesel Mechanic
- Vehicle diagnostic tests are carried out.
- Analyzing the outcomes of diagnostic tests.
- Engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions, and brake systems are all being replaced.
- Vehicle illumination systems are being tested.
- Driving automobiles to evaluate their performance.
- Preventative maintenance of service vehicles.
- Keeping meticulous records on serviced automobiles.
- Following a checklist of inspection procedures.
- Keeping a parts inventory.
- Maintaining the shop’s cleanliness.
- Consult with the customer and study work orders to determine the tasks that must be completed.
- Creating work plans after thoroughly researching the challenges
- Conducting diagnostic tests on diesel engines and interpreting the data in order to provide appropriate answers
- Vehicle systems inspection, including suspensions, steering, and exhausts
- Vehicle transmissions, brakes, engines, and other relevant parts repair or replacement
- Field visits are made in the event of an emergency or a sudden breakdown.
- Drive repaired automobiles to evaluate their performance.
- Performing oil changes, tire balance, alignment, and brake inspections
- Keeping track of parts inventories and serviced vehicles
Read Also: Research Analyst Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Diesel Mechanic (Diesel Mechanic job qualifications)
- Mechanical or automotive engineering degree or diploma.
- The ASE Diesel Certification is beneficial.
- A valid driver’s license is required.Diesel Mechanic Job Description
Diesel Mechanic Job Skills
- Mathematical and scientific aptitude.
- Advanced understanding of diesel engine components.
- Excellent IT and diagnostic abilities.
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift up to 150 pounds are required.
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair tools.
- Pay close attention to the details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Excellent organizational abilities.Diesel Mechanic Job Description
Read Also: Criminal Investigator Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Diesel Mechanic Job Salary
Based on 94 salaries, an entry-level Diesel Mechanic with less than one year of experience can expect to make an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $17.38. Based on 1,240 salaries, an entry-level Diesel Mechanic with 1-4 years of experience makes an average total compensation of $20.47. Based on 866 salaries, a mid-career Diesel Mechanic with 5-9 years of experience gets an average total salary of $23.78. Based on 792 salaries, an experienced Diesel Mechanic with 10-19 years of experience makes an average total salary of $25.56. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total remuneration of $27.
Read Also: Driver Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, Diesel Mechanics, also known as Diesel Service Technicians, check, diagnose, and repair diesel-powered vehicles and machines such as trucks, forklifts, and trailers. Their primary responsibilities include performing diagnostic tests on automobiles, repairing the engine, gearbox, steering mechanism, or braking system, and test driving the vehicle to evaluate if the maintenance issue was effectively resolved.
Leave a Reply