In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated dietary aide job description. Here you will also find the duties of a dietary aide , responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Dietary Aide Job Description
This dietary aide job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a dietary aide. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire talented dietary aide who will help in preparing meals, snacks and beverages following specific procedures. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview. Dietary Aide Job Description
Dietary Aide Job Description
A Dietary Aide is a member of the medical community who helps patients prepare and cook food. Their responsibilities include preparing food, delivering it to specific people or rooms, and keeping the work area clean.Dietary Aide Job Description
A Dietary Aide or Dietary Aid is responsible for preparing meals for elderly and medical patients. Their role entails assisting patients in meeting specific dietary needs to improve their health and wellbeing. Their responsibilities include preparing and cooking food, delivering meals to specific patients, and assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.Dietary Aide Job Description
See Also: Retail Sales Associate Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Duties of a Dietary Aide
- Preparing meals, snacks and beverages following specific procedures
- Serving meals, ensuring food safety and hygiene procedures are followed at all times
- Taking inventory of kitchen supplies and food items.
- Staying current on the individual procedures and protocols for their facilities, including state-specified rules and regulations
- Setting up and taking down dining areas and assisting with kitchen maintenance and general cleaning
- Assisting with educational programs on nutrition
- Planning menus alongside Chefs, Dietitians and Doctors
- Tracking expenses Dietary Aide Job Description
Responsibilities of a Dietary Aide
- Reviewing patients’ dietary requirements and preferences and discussing them with Dieticians to develop healthy menus and nutritional care plans.
- Preparing individual dietary menus based on patients’ medical conditions, physical health, preferences, and distastes.
- Assisting with meal preparation and serving.
- Inspecting special diet trays to ensure they comply with the dietary restrictions.
- Monitoring patients’ eating habits and reporting problems with swallowing, chewing, or loss of appetite.
- Counseling and educating patients and their families on proper nutrition.
- Assisting the Cook with determining kitchen supplies and stock for the day, as well as checking and maintaining stock levels.
- Assisting with cleaning duties in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintaining current knowledge of recent health food trends and cooking techniques.
- Organize and adjust tables for dining areas, paying special attention to cleanliness and ease of use
- Assist team members with preparing and cooking meals for the facility
- Deliver meals and food trays to patients at predetermined times
- Remove plates and serve ware upon the completion of a patient finishing their meal
- Discard trash and remove waste after scheduled dining hall times
- Maintain clean and orderly food stations for buffets and special events
- Monitor pantry stock and inform management of items running low and in need or re-ordering
- Assist kitchen manager in creating menus within the budget and requirements of patients
See Also: CFO Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Qualifications of a Dietary Aide
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate’s degree in nutrition, health, diet, or a related field may be advantageous.
- Work-related experience may be advantageous.
- Excellent cooking skills and the ability to successfully operate cooking equipment.
- The ability to comply with sanitation regulations.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Strong computer and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions.
Skills of a Dietary Aide
- Depending on the state of employment, professional certification in food sanitation may be required
- Experience working in a medical environment or in customer service is preferred
- Skilled in preparing food for a large group of people as instructed by kitchen management
- Basic understanding of kitchen cookware and appliances
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are needed to successfully prepare large-scale catering orders
- Ability to work on your feet and in the standing position for an extended period
- Experience cooking various meals and following recipes
- Flexibility in terms of availability, able to work holidays and weekend generally preferred
- Ability to lift and transport heavy trays and carts as needed
See Also: Barista Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, skills and Salary
Salary of a Dietary Aide
The average hourly wage for a Dietary Aide in the United States is $13 as of , but the salary range typically falls between $12 and $14. Hourly rate can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
A good dietary aide is more than just maintaining current knowledge of recent health food trends and cooking techniques. A good dietary aide assists in removing plates and serve ware upon the completion of a patient finishing their meal.
He / She assists with cleaning duties in the kitchen and dining areas.
Finally, the duties of a dietary aide is to deliver meals and food trays to patients at predetermined times.