30+ Enterprise Architect Jobs in USA 2021 – Apply for high-paying Enterprise Architect Jobs in USA hiring now. We have updated recent enterprise architect job roles, their job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply.
On this page, you will find links to recently updated Enterprise Architect jobs in the US. All you need to do is to click the link to each job to read more about the job description, requirements, and how to apply.
Enterprise Architect Jobs in USA Hiring Now 2021
- Fulltime/ Contract- Enterprise Architect Jobs at W3Global – Riverwood Estates, IL
- Enterprise Architect Jobs at IBM – New York, NY
Who is an Enterprise Architect?
An enterprise architect is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of an organization’s IT networks and services. As an enterprise architect, you will be responsible for overseeing, improving and upgrading enterprise services, software and hardware. You will also need to stay on top of the latest trends and technologies and keep an eye out for any software, services or hardware that might improve business processes.
Enterprise architecture is regarded as one of the key ways to achieving competitive advantage through information technology. There is a growing demand to reduce costs, increase flexibility, and regulate technology environments. Because of this, there has been an increase in enterprise architecture activity.
The enterprise architect role requires complex thinking and strategizing to ascertain which legacy systems can be updated, what software or hardware can be replaced and which services or products will support business operations across each department. Enterprise architects work across the organization, determining the needs of a range of business units and processes. It’s a role that requires strong communication and analytical skills to ensure that business units have the right tools to be successful.
An enterprise architect is someone who is responsible for making sure that a company’s business strategy uses proper technology systems architecture to achieve its goals. Enterprise architects have an enormous degree of responsibility and typically report directly to the chief information officer (CIO). They need to keep up with the latest trends in technology and determine whether or not they would be the right fit for a company.
Enterprise Architecture Job Description: Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description.
- Examples of Enterprise Architect responsibilities
- Find ways in which to improve our IT department’s functions so they support our future goals
- Create business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals
- Evaluate our systems engineering, talent recruiting and accounting models for discrepancies or vulnerabilities
- Locate ways to reduce costs in IT and business leadership
- Identify ways to increase employee knowledge and skills to support future growth
- Conduct research in the talent management industry to find ways in which to improve our operations
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance
- Create and implement a business vision and multi-year plan
Enterprise Architecture Qualifications and Skills
The most valuable qualification and skill you can possess to help ensure you are taken seriously for an Enterprise Architect role is TOGAF. Enterprise Architect Job Description TOGAF is vital if you are looking to successfully obtain a role in Enterprise Architecture.
- 2+ years’ experience defining and implementing strategies under a CIO or equivalent
- MBA preferred but not required
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals
- Federated Enterprise Architecture Certification required
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills