In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Expeditor Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of an Expeditor, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Expeditor Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Expeditor Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who synchronize and facilitates the flow of work and materials between and within a company’s departments. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Patient Transporter Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Expeditor Job Description
An Expeditor, also known as an Operations Facilitator, is a professional who is in charge of ensuring that a company has the supplies and inventory it requires to operate on time. Their responsibilities include communicating with suppliers about the status of supplies, resolving problems caused by late shipments, and submitting purchase orders to vendors.
An expeditor is in charge of moving goods from one location to another as quickly and efficiently as possible. They are in charge of determining all of the various modes of transportation for goods. An expeditor’s main responsibilities include tracking an order, dealing with delivery delays, coordinating with the warehouse manager, and ensuring that all orders have been shipped out. They must also create reports based on an organization’s shipping health. An expeditor may advance to positions such as warehouse manager or operations manager.
An expeditor should have two years of distribution experience and a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business. Excellent time management is one of the most important skills an expeditor will possess. Another skill that will be required is attention to detail, as the expeditor will be tracking goods from all over the world.
Read Also: Intake Specialist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of Expeditor (Expeditor Job Duties)
- Developing professional relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with project management to plan project review meetings.
- Liaison with vendors to ensure that goods are delivered on time.
- Receiving material shipments and inspecting deliveries to ensure accurate quantities, quality, and specifications.Expeditor Job Description
Responsibilities of Expeditor.
- Streamlining the flow of materials between departments and parties.
- Looking for inconsistencies in job cost reports, such as mischarges.
- Maintaining the warehouse’s cleanliness and tidiness.
- Meeting with management and collaborating to assess the dependability of suppliers and vendors and to identify solutions to ongoing problems.
- Performing clerical duties and keeping accurate activity records and files.
- Adherence to established guidelines, instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Work with various department heads to monitor inventory levels, evaluate supply vendors, and ensure delivered supplies meet quality standards.
- Contact vendors, place orders, verify supplies, manage supply requisitions, and communicate with suppliers to determine expected delivery dates and notify Project Managers of any delays.
- Maintain production schedules for ongoing projects, assign materials and Crew Members to reduce costs, increase productivity, and avoid delivery delays.
- Improve the coordination of productive operations by ensuring interdepartmental communication.
- Monitor project delivery timelines, compare work quality to company requirements and specifications, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to get delivery timeline updates.
- Compile, record, and report to management and key stakeholders on project performance and progress.
- Look for ways to cut shipping time.
- Negotiate a lower shipping cost with vendors.
- Make a shipping budget for a product.
- Examine and track all orders
- Keep track of all available inventory.
- Collaborate with the warehouse manager to ensure that all shipments are delivered on time.
- Resolve any shipping-related issues.
Read Also: Shift Supervisor Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Expeditor (Expeditor Job qualifications)
- High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent qualification.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Proficient knowledge of material and service procurement.
Expeditor Job Skills
- Outstanding computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time-management abilities must be demonstrated.
- The ability to follow company policies and procedures.Expeditor Job Description
Read Also: Sterile Processing Technician Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Expeditor Job Salary
Based on 20 salaries, an entry-level Expeditor with less than one year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.44. Based on 200 salaries, an early career Expeditor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.96. Based on 72 salaries, a mid-career Expeditor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $18.43. Based on 59 salaries, an experienced Expeditor with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.52. Employees in their late career (20 years or higher) earn an average total compensation of $20.
Read Also: Footwear Sales Associate Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, an expeditor is a professional who coordinates and facilitates the flow of work and materials between and within departments within a company. Expeditors inspect production and assign work to ensure that production plans are followed. Their responsibilities include communicating with management to determine work progress. Expeditor Job Description
Leave a Reply