In this post, you will see the financial analyst job description. Here you will find the detailed job roles and responsibilities. This information is useful for job seekers when preparing their resume and for job interviews. it’s also very useful for the employers and recruiters when selecting the best candidate for the job position.
Financial Analyst Job Description
A Financial Analyst evaluates new business opportunities and drive business initiatives for Brand Advertising and Shopper Experience. This role requires a self-starter and independent individual with strong financial modeling abilities, problem-solving skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. Financial Analyst Job Description responsible for providing the financial expertise and recommendations that enable effective decision-making within the business.
Financial Analyst Job Description ensure that the company makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
Financial Analyst, who will assist in financial modeling, monitoring business performance, and developing financial processes and systems. This position will also support strategic and operational initiatives, deliver business analytics and insights, and make high impact recommendations. You will work closely with senior business leaders to drive key decision making across hiring, budgeting, revenue/cost planning, expansion, and investment planning. You will also partner with the business and accounting teams to improve reporting and ensure the timely delivery of key performance indicators to the executive team.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of top performance, the ability to multi-task in a dynamic / high-intensity growth environment, and experience supporting the strategic objectives of a cross-functional team. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of ecommerce and
A god Financial Analyst should have experience in past roles influencing business leaders and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role also requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, this role requires strong business sense and the capability to independently drive a business partnership.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Financial Analyst
- Providing insightful analysis of business results to senior management and performing ad-hoc analyses that lead to problem solving and business improving recommendations
- Leadership of BAM (Business Acquisition Model) process, vetting sales team assumptions / proposal rationale and presenting to Finance / Sales Leadership for approval
- Execution of performance management processes, including tracking and communication of variances to AOP KPIs as well as A&M / T&E spend targets
- Ensuring semi-annual price increases are implemented across the portfolio and pricing guidelines are adhered to throughout the year
- Involvement in reporting and analysis process, including period close / reporting and forecast activities
- Involvement in QBP and AOP development, including deck analysis and preparation
- Partnering closely with cross-functional teams to manage P&L expectations
- Assist in monthly and annual forecasting, budgeting, and long-term financial planning
- Update, maintain, and improve on the company’s internal operating model
- Deliver FP&A support for performance tracking and analytics (dashboarding, variance analysis, KPI tracking, etc.)
- Track and report actuals against plan on a monthly and quarterly basis, working with business leads to understand variances
- Identify ways to improve forecasting and reduce variances, where possible
- Drive analysis and modeling for growth and strategic initiatives
- Develop insightful findings, provide recommendations, and help facilitate decision making process for our executive team
- Identify and recommend process and policy improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly investor reporting
- Support any ad-hoc and other financial analyses as necessary
See Also: Social Media Intern Job Description, Roles, and Responsibilities
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Financial Analyst Job Skills and Experience
- Experience with digital advertising
- Advanced/Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Analytic, financial modeling skills required
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting, financial modeling
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills to manage information gathering requests
- Results oriented with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- Aptitude to work with minimal supervision
- Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic, approach to decision making
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Independent and entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrating the ability to work with minimal direction
- 2-5 years finance experience in operation finance, corporate development or strategy, investment banking, and/or consulting
- Experience working in tech start-ups
- High proficiency in Excel and Power Point
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a formidable attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively to drive cross-functional execution on business goals
- Healthy curiosity to understand all aspects of the business
- Elevated pride of ownership in work product
If you want to learn how to become a financial analyst, read Investopedia.
Leave a Reply