Are you a job seeker looking for general manager job description? Are you an employer or recruiter seeking the best general manager for hire? If yes, this post is for you.
See the general manager job description template. here we will show you the roles and responsibilities of a general manager, skills needed and experience.
General Manager job description
A General Manager is the leader of the company. You will lead your company’s management team and Team Members through performance, engagement and training initiatives.
The General Manager has full accountability for developing and maintaining an environment where there is a strong commitment to making genuine connections while focusing on providing the best service and highest quality product to our guests. This individual has the spirit of a champion, taking 100% accountability for the things they can control, making zero excuses. This individual has a servant’s heart, and goes out of their way for others with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude.
Restaurant General manager Job Description
The general manager also oversees maintenance and upkeep of the dining areas, kitchen, and exterior grounds of the restaurant; scheduling of staff; decisions regarding the menu; budgeting, accounting, payroll, and other financial matters; promoting and advertising the restaurant; and dealing with the legal and regulatory issues involved in running said restaurant. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team and managing the daily operation of the business. They will be responsible for maintaining the standard of work from employees as well as onboarding and hiring new team members.
As a Restaurant Manager (General Manager or Assistant Manager), you will be the leader of your restaurant. You will lead your Restaurant Management Team and Team Members through performance, engagement and training initiatives. From local store marketing to helping reach sale and profit goals, you’ll be responsible in ensuring that your restaurant is delivering the top meats and foods.
Roles and responsibilities
Leads and manages operations
- Approves hotel department budgets, defining and directing changes, as required. Facilitates the
preparation of budgets and forecasts for corporate submission and approvals.
- Reviews forecasts. Directs hotel actions required to maximize profitability, increasing service levels and compliance with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversees the Sales and Marketing activity and results. Leads and/or participates in sales and marketing strategy meetings. Participates in the efforts to secure business, as needed.
- Leads executive committee/department heads to ensure overall profit, service and team member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
- Speaks with and responds to guest regarding service challenges.
- Exemplify the standards of Kneaders Bakery and Cafe.
- Show passion about and delight in our guest in a way that crafts dedication. Working quickly, efficiently, and intelligently with exceptional customer service skills is essential to this position.
- Watch over the restaurant and employees
- Set an example and standard of perfection
- Maintain and driving high standards and expectations around food quality, customer service, food safety, and store cleanliness by empowering teams you interact with.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with restaurant staff and corporate staff.
- Know the menu and recipes by heart, can spot when something’s not right, and work with the management team to fix it.
- Have a deep understanding of and the ability to perform every job within a
- Demonstrate respect for individual employees and show appreciation for their efforts and contributions.
- Manage and maintain restaurant P&L and increase same store sales.
- Monitor food inventory levels and order product when necessary
- Manage and maintain safe working conditions
- Manage crew member employees in a manner that maximizes crew retention
- Interview and hire team members
- Provide proper training for team members
- Anticipate and identify problems and initiate appropriate corrective actionEnsure continual improvement of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness
- Executes Operations Standards consistently.
- Ensures all Employee Handbook standards and expectations are met.
- Role models and demonstrates dedication to Louie is, I am Louie, Louie’s House Rules and Louie’s Management philosophies.
- 100% responsibility of coaching all team members in the front of the house, following job descriptions, processes, policies and procedures.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of the Guest experience.
- 100% commitment to follow all internal monetary control measures.
- 100% commitment to follow all internal product control measures, including: food and liquor inventories, purchases and loss prevention measures.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to the team members’ continued training and development, to maintain bench strength and engagement.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the location.
- Drive the business toward profitable growth.
- Safeguarding the assets of the branch.
- Full operational responsibility for all profit and loss related activities of the branch.
- Monitor overtime & temporary labor utilization and tightly control their use.
- Prepare all staff members to be in position to deliver exemplary customer service and measure the job performance of the staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Motivate and recognize the contributions of the branch personnel to establish a team culture.
- Ensuring that all branch personnel receive an annual performance evaluation and salary review in a timely fashion.
- Financial analysis of the business to identify trends and prospective problem areas; incorporate prompt corrective actions as applicable.
- Personally responds to difficult customer inquiries and/or unusual situations.
- Manage the efficient routing of deliveries and service calls.
- Execute program(s) to meet/exceed the sales plan.
- Prepare business forecasts and budgets as required.
- Manage branch payables, inventory, and receivables in conjunction with appropriate Corporate and branch personnel.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the competition within the local market place.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and development of all branch employees.
- Consistently administer company policies and procedures within the branch.
- Spend a reasonable amount of time in the field performing training missions with branch personnel.
- Adhere to and uphold all company safety guidelines and safe work practices.
- Partner with branch management to coach and counsel employees and address employee performance issues in a timely manner and as appropriate.
- Manage the sales, operations and administrative departments of the branch including providing assistance to the production supervisor as required.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of paperwork relative to insurance reporting of general liability, fleet accidents, and worker compensation claims.
- May be required to perform the job duties of other branch staff on an as needed basis.
- Ensure that branch staff wear the designated company uniform as required.
- Optimize branch efficiency by consolidating/automating job duties wherever possible.
- 2-3 years of high volume, full service Restaurant or Bar Management experience
- Computer knowledge (Excel, Windows, POS, etc)
- Results driven, trustworthy and team oriented
- Infectious personality with the ability to engage and develop team members
- Must be passionate about the hospitality industry and focused on creating amazing guest experiences
- Job requires an equal amount of time walking and standing, with approximately 50% of time spent sitting. Does not require any heavy lifting or carrying.
- Hand movements typically used: typing, grasping, holding.
- Speech/hearing: ability to express/exchange ideas and otherwise communicate with customers and peers.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Opportunities associated with position:
- The company offers a competitive salary, the possibility for annual bonuses, comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance (dental, vision and health), paid time off, and a 401K plan. This position provides a generally consistent work schedule and there is room for growth within the company.
- You know the business. You have at least six months to one year of experience as a manager is chosen field.
- You inspire smiles. You’re familiar with and have impressive examples of providing exceptional customer service and will uphold Company Core Values.
- You’re humble and ready to learn about what makes your company different. You’re not afraid to jump in and help your team and lead them to the next level. Their success is your success.
1. How To Become A General Manager – Zippia.com
2. General Manager Certification Programme – CMAA.org