Housekeeping jobs in USA Hiring Now! Apply for over 50 recently updated housekeeping jobs in the USA currently hiring. See detailed job descriptions, roles, responsibilities, and how to apply.
Are you good at sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting? Are you looking for housekeeping jobs in the United States? If yes, you are in the right place. Here we publish over 50 recently updated housekeeping jobs in the USA currently hiring. We update this page with new jobs every day.
Here you will see so many housekeeping jobs no experience, housekeeper jobs in hotels/resorts, and housekeeping jobs part time opportunities.
The job search process can be a very daunting task, Here at USAJobs24.com, we do the hard work for you. We find and publish specific jobs that suit your qualifications, interest, and location. What we can assure you is that your search for a pharmacy intern job has come to an end.
Housekeeping Jobs in USA Hiring Now!
Click the links to each job below to see the detailed job description, role/responsibilities, and how to apply.
- Housekeeper (Janitorial) Job at The Bicycle Hotel & Casino – Bell Gardens, CA
- Housekeeper Job at Campfire Hotel – Bend, OR
- Housekeeper Job at Five Star Senior Living – Charleston, WV
- Housekeeper Job at University Retirement Community – Davis, CA
- Housekeeper Job at Integral Senior Living – Portland, OR
- Housekeeper Job at Sares Regis Group – Reno, NV
Housekeeping Job Salary
The average salary for a Housekeeper is $12.28 per hour in the United States. There are some companies that pay as high as $18 per hour or more.
An entry-level Housekeeper with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.09 based on 337 salaries. An early career Housekeeper with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $10.74 based on 2,287 salaries. A mid-career Housekeeper with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.69 based on 1,100 salaries. An experienced Housekeeper with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.37 based on 1,220 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $14.
Housekeeper Job Description
A housekeeper is a cleaner to performs a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties. This person will be in charge of maintaining all public and private spaces to employer standards. Duties will include vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, and bathroom services. Attention to detail and a positive attitude are a must. The right person is punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Housekeeping Job
- Professionally clean and maintain Vacasa properties using cleaning procedures and products in conformance with prescribed company standards
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and washing all surfaces
- Move all reasonably portable furniture in rooms to clean under and behind
- Assist with laundry as needed
- Create a welcoming environment for our guests and owners by ensuring homes are clean and cared for
- Identify and note any damages to homes. Create maintenance tickets as necessary
- Collect and remove trash and debris
- Meet and maintain required Housekeeping metrics
- Attend all mandatory individual and team meetings
- Replenish consumable items such as soaps and paper products
- Maintain hot tubs as needed; no experience necessary – we offer on-site training
- Other responsibilities as assigned – because every day looks different
- To communicate all guest request to the housekeeping manager or Front Desk Host in a timely and professional manner.
- To satisfactorily perform routine cleaning tasks in public areas (interior and exterior) including, but not limited to, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting and glass cleaning.
- To provide Room Attendants with all necessary room and cleaning supplies.
- To remove and handle, as directed, soiled linen and trash from rooms
- To perform support services in rooms as directed, including sweeping/mopping decks, carpet spotting, mattress turning, furniture moving, window washing, and detail/deep cleaning not normally performed by Room Attendants.
- To assist other Housekeeping staff, as directed, to complete their work
- To maintain cleanliness, order, and inventory of linen, cleaning supplies, and promptly report any deficiencies or problems to the Housekeeping Manager.
- To follow all company policies and procedures.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences or hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times and to practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the proper handling of all relevant equipment.
- To handle, label, and store all hazardous substances according to state and federal regulations.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- Handle guest complaints with professionalism and courtesy, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to your supervisor.
- Effectively communicate with other departments throughout the shift
- Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
- Adhere to Lost and Found policy and key control policies.
- Successful completion of the training process.
- To perform other essential room cleaning duties as operations change in the future.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets and restock as necessary.
- Make up cribs and rollaway beds.
Essential Qualifications for housekeeping jobs: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Qualifications for housekeeping jobs: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- One – two years prior experience in doing similar work
Desired Skills/Aptitudes for housekeeping jobs:
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of safe and proper chemical handling
- Ability to exert physical effort in the movement of bundles of soiled/cleaned bed linens, terry, etc. into/out of laundry machines.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Stand and walks moderate to long distances throughout shift
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads. Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull a vacuum and wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors and be exposed to adverse weather conditions in unsheltered areas. May work on wet concrete and uneven floors. Moderate exposure to hazardous substances and fumes.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.