In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Human Resources Specialist Job Description. Here you will also find the duties of a Human Resources Specialist Job Description, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Realtor Job Description
This human resources specialist job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a human resources specialist. It’s ready to post on various job sites and the main responsibility of a human resources specialist is to review job applications and conduct technical interviews to screen qualified employees.
Human Resources Specialist Job Description
An HR Specialist is a person who is in charge of keeping an eye on all Human Resource tasks. They put together compensation and benefits packages, set up company policies, keep employee records up to date, and make sure the workplace is safe and healthy by putting in place HR procedures.
An HR specialist’s job is to help the HR professionals find the right employees with the right skills and experience for the needs of the organization. They help the HR teams find skilled and experienced workers and bring them on board. Aside from hiring people and getting them started, they also look over job applications, set up and run interviews, and do background checks to see if their work history matches the company’s standards and requirements. Also, they hold orientations for new employees to teach them about the company’s work ethics and standards.
Duties of a Human Resources Specialist
- Preparing and reviewing compensation and benefits packages.
- Administering health and life insurance programs.
- Implementing training and development plans.
- Managing all HR procedures.
- Identifying company’s hiring needs and managing the recruitment process.
- Conducting monthly payroll reviews, statistics and reports.
- Providing information to employees regarding benefits, insurance and retirement plan.
- Managing all employee data in HRIS.
- Updating employee records.
- Developing and evaluating onboarding plans.
- Providing support for employee administration and processing issues.
- Assisting in the development and management of HR.
Responsibilities of a Human Resources Specialist
- Creating, implementing, and evaluating all human resource department policies, procedures, and structures.
- Managing health and life insurance programs.
- Designing and implementing effective training and development plans.
- Performing quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
- Ensuring all employee records are maintained and updated with new hire information or changes in employment status.
- Identifying the company’s hiring needs and managing the recruitment process to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Tracking department budgets.
- Responding to employees’ queries and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages.
- Administer health and life insurance programs.
- Implement training and development plans.
- Plan quarterly and annual performance review sessions.
- Inform employees about additional benefits they’re eligible for (e.g extra vacation days).
- Update employee records with new hire information and/or changes in employment status.
- Maintain organizational charts and detailed job descriptions along with salary records.
- Forecast hiring needs and ensure recruitment process runs smoothly.
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization.
- Monitor budgets by department.
- Process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation.
Qualifications of a Human Resources Specialist
- Proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), like BambooHR and PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Solid understanding of labor legislation and payroll process
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Team management skills
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
Skills of a Human Resources Specialist
- Strong knowledge of HR policies and practices.
- Experience with HRIS.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Salary of a Human Resources Specialist
The average HR Specialist salary in the United States is $62,209 as of , but the salary range typically falls between $53,486 and $68,713. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
In summary, performing quarterly and annual employee performance reviews is a job of a human resources specialist. Your main jobs will be to come up with pay and benefit packages, keep track of employee records, and find new people to work for you. To be good at this job, you should be able to communicate well and know a lot about the hiring process and labor law.
Finally, they prepare or update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.