In this post, we will show you the Inside Sales job description summary, responsibilities, and qualifications. This information will help employers to identity for the best candidate for the job. It is also useful to job seekers who need to build a career in this job area.
Inside Sales Job Description
The Inside Sales Representative is passionate about the Spectrio products and mission while focused on developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and current customers, connecting with key business stakeholders and working with the Client Care team to provide exceptional service to industry-focused accounts.
Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for selling products for some of the largest Tech Companies in the world. These ISRs will be responsible for managing the full sales cycle from incoming leads, to helping customers adopt the products after the sale.
This is the best inside sales job description. Ideal candidates thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, strive to hit and exceed sales targets with a positive attitude and are motivated by closing deals and generating their pipeline. Strong familiarity with Cloud Technology is a must.
Inside Sales Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform outbound phone calls/emails, answer qualified inbound traffic, contact decision makers of all levels, build rapport and assess needs.
- Execute on outbound prospecting campaigns to source, contact, and engage prospective customers interested in evaluating our client’s products
- Assess and prioritize leads from marketing and other sources, assign them to different campaigns and pilot programs.
- Manage a full sales process from qualification to deal closure and contract execution.
- Conduct discovery to uncover customer pain points and business goals to provide recommended Google Cloud products.
- Articulate solutions and value into meaningful conversations with targeted prospects.
- Manage designated portfolio of Spectrio client’s accounts based on industry expertise.
- Build and document knowledge about the client’s business and technical setups.
- Facilitate transition from sales order entry to client launch and collaborate with internal departments (Client Services and Technical Support) to facilitate client need fulfillment.
- Collect and analyze data to learn more about consumer behavior.
- Lead, train and support account team and help with issues.
- Achieve high sales targets and goals while motivating team members to do the same.
- Manage client relationships and provide clients with excellent service and support.
- Maintain high level of Spectrio product and service knowledge.
- Evaluate client needs and communicate value proposition to clients and prospective clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Inside Sales Consultant-Content focus on achieving their assigned revenue target through measurements of revenue growth on existing assigned accounts and acquisition (expansion), and competitive conversion of new customer accounts to meet/exceed territory goals.
- Provides product and service presentations/demonstrations via Phone & Internet.
- Dependent on territory assignments, works with the outside sales partners to achieve territory goals via partnership territory planning and agreement.
- Uncovers and qualifies new opportunities by probing for needs, understanding requirements and interpreting technical requirements of the customer or prospect.
- Completes customer call expectationss in assigned territory using specific call campaigns. Identifies cross-selling, up-selling, and lead generation opportunities.
- Develops and/or utilizes target lists of prospects for telephone contacts in assigned territory.
- Develops an effective territory plan and strategy within assigned responsibility; modifies quarterly as needed to actualize execution .
- Secure competitive and market information to leverage and share with Sales and Marketing.
- Travel to trade shows, conferences, workshops and meetings as required.
- Stays abreast of current K-12 educational trends that impact sales, especially in their assigned sales territory, and is able to develop and apply effective sales strategies to leverage market knowledge and portfolio offerings to identify and close revenue opportunities.
- Stay current on products/services across FSS by attending and actively participating in training courses as well as self-education.
- Demonstrates successful knowledge and best practices through call evaluations, training assessments, and sales results.
- Understands current Pre K-12 environment, i.e., regulatory, funding, competition.
- Demonstrates ability to research and conduct pre-call preparation when necessary.
- Demonstrates the value proposition of FSS in its entirety including our products, content offerings, applications and services.
- Manage all customer interactions in CRM system with effective and accurate sales advancement documenttion, including customer data base updates.
- Ensure opportunities are recorded and updated based on sales methodology to ensure accurate pipeline, forecasting.
- Is an active participant in all scheduled team meetings and sales functions.
- Leverages FSS resources and sales support assistance to maximize sales time effieciencies.
- Help maintain CRM system by troubleshooting, tracking, and reporting problems.
- Learns and applies all FSS sales activity protocol, system procedures, and interdepartmental processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensures all company values are upheld and policies are adhered to.
- Serves as liaison between customers and appropriate company departments to resolve customer questions and problems.
Qualifications for Inside Sales Jobs:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communications, or related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally.
- Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends.
- Extensive, accurate product knowledge.
- Consultative sales approach.
Additional Inside Sales Qualifications and Skills
- Two years Business to Business sales, business development experience, preferably at a tech company
- Min one-year sales/business development experience in enterprise IT or Cloud Service Providers.
- A technical background, especially in Computer Science or Information Systems. As an alternative, relevant work experience (e.g., sales engineering).
- Solid understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS industry, Cloud computing concepts and competitive landscape with Cloud Service Providers.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a proactive and positive approach to tasks
- Objective and analytical approach to decision making
- Performance-oriented and motivated by sales/activity targets and competition
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to become an expert in new technologies in a short time frame.