In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated IT Business Analyst job description. Here you will also find the duties of the IT Business Analyst, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This IT Business Analyst job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for an IT Business Analyst. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will be responsible for enhancing the quality of IT products and services and analyzing data to inform business decisions. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Mail Clerk Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
IT Business Analyst Job Description
An IT Business Analyst, also known as a Business Systems Analyst, is in charge of evaluating information technology systems and making recommendations on how to improve their ability to meet business requirements. Their responsibilities include fine-tuning the roles and responsibilities of IT professionals on their team, building implementation requirements, and working with stakeholders to create IT plans.
As an IT Business Analyst, you are a strategic issue solver who is critical to the success of an IT department. You will collaborate closely with your business counterparts to find IT solutions for key business functions. You will assist businesses in implementing cost-effective technology options.
A bachelor’s degree in information technology and at least three years of expertise with computer applications is required. You must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Project, and have excellent written and oral communication abilities. You must be skilled in data analysis and have programming expertise. You must be ready to travel to client sites and pass and keep a background check.
Read Also: Asset Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of an IT Business Analyst (IT Business Analyst job Duties)
- Work with team members to comprehend organizational and practical issues.
- Keep up with the most recent information technology apps.
- From the initial concept to project completion, integrate new IT operations into the business.
- Create statistical reports to help decision-makers in selecting the best programs.
- Manage technical issues, collaborating with engineers as needed.
Responsibilities of an IT Business Analyst
- Interacting with the IT department and the executive office.
- Serving as a source of knowledge and a liaison between business branches.
- Understanding strategic company needs and growth strategies.
- Improving the quality of information technology goods and services.
- Analyzing technical systems and business strategy design.
- Using IT data to gain company insights.
- Analyzing company requirements.
- Identifying and deploying innovative business technology.
- Providing technological solutions to company needs.
- Reporting on application creation and implementation.
- Performing A/B experiments and data analysis.
- Data analysis to inform business choices.
- Identify and resolve job issues
- Analyze complex company problems and recommend an IT solution
- Collect data and analyze company and user requirements.
- Make hardware and software procurement suggestions to support the client’s business objectives.
- Coordination of documentation development to allow system implementation and turnover.
- Define the goals and scope of the business system.
- Collaborate closely with managers and end users to decide the best IT solution.
- Conduct a post-project assessment.IT Business Analyst Job Description
Read Also: Content Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for IT Business Analyst (IT Business Analyst job qualifications)
- A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, business administration, or a similar discipline is required.
- 5+ years of experience in IT management.
- 10+ years of experience in a technology-driven role.
IT Business Analyst Job Skills
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities.
- Mindset for analysis.
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities.
- Pay close attention to the details.
- IT Business Analysts must have good analytical skills in order to develop reports and make recommendations.
- All IT Business Analysts must be capable of managing several projects from start to finish.
- Working with all stakeholders necessitates excellent written and vocal communication skills.
- IT Business Analysts must be able to comprehend the team’s problems and devise solutions.
- IT Business Analysts should be knowledgeable with numerous project management and business analysis software packages.
- Spreadsheet proficiency is also required.
Read Also: Job Description of a School Registrar, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills & Salary
IT Business Analyst Job Salary
Based on 411 salaries, an entry-level Business Analyst, IT with less than 1 year of experience can expect to make an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $62,390. Based on 2,904 salaries, an early career Business Analyst, IT with 1-4 years of experience gets an average total salary of $68,322. Based on 1,471 salaries, a mid-career Business Analyst, IT with 5-9 years of experience gets an average total salary of $78,714 per year. Based on 884 salaries, an experienced Business Analyst, IT with 10-19 years of experience gets an average total salary of $89,307 per year. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total salary of $91,139.
Read Also: Social Psychologist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills & Salary
In summary, IT business analysts are knowledgeable in both business and information technology. Their key responsibilities include liaising between IT and the executive branch, enhancing IT service quality, and analyzing business needs.
Leave a Reply