In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Job description of an Accounting Specialist. Here you will also find the duties of a Job description of an Accounting Specialist, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Job Description for Accounting Specialist
This Accounting Specialist job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Job Description for an Accounting Specialist. Job Description of Office Clerk
It’s ready to post on various job sites and the main responsibility of a Job Description for Accounting Specialist is to maintain accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.Job Description for Accounting Specialist
Job Description for Accounting Specialist
An Accounting Specialist is a type of financial professional who is responsible for managing all different kinds of financial accounts that exist within an organization. They maintain precise records, which enables them to ensure that invoices are paid on time and that customers do not overpay for the services rendered or the goods delivered to them.
Accounting professionals make use of receipts and other documents in order to verify and process transactions, record and analyze financial information, communicate with lenders, clients, and suppliers, and assist with daily, monthly, and yearly accounting activities and projects.
Duties of an Accounting Specialist
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly and annual activities.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, invoices and receipts.
- Using documents to verify, record and process transactions.
- Help employees put together their tax documents.
- When needed, take care of the general ledger.
- Look for accounting mistakes and offer ways to fix them.
- Take care of clients’ accounts and payment plans.
Responsibilities of an Accounting Specialist
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments to the organization.
- Collaborate with team members to provide necessary financial reports to senior-level managers.
- Handle payroll functions as required by the organization.
- Review financial information and documents quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in the preparation of tax documents for employees.
- Handle general ledger bookkeeping where necessary.
- Look for and provide solutions for accounting irregularities.
- Manage client accounts and payment schedules.
- Speak with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate, and payments are received promptly.
- Review financial reports.
- Communicate with clients to discuss account statuses, charges or discrepancies.
- Participate in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments.
- Process payroll.
Qualifications of an Accounting Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related fields preferred
- Advanced degree in a specialized industry may be necessary
- A Certified Public Accounting (CPA) title may be necessary
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to maintain precise records
- Current familiarity with common database and spreadsheet tools, such as MySQL and Excel
Skills of an Accounting Specialist
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Specialist or similar role.
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation.
- Exceptional time management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong math and research skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
Salary of an Accounting Specialist
The average annual pay for an Accounting Specialist in the United States is $46,152 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $22.19 an hour. This is the equivalent of $887/week or $3,846/month.
In summary, Job Description for an accounting specialist is someone who is responsible for monitoring the competitive landscape and attending industry events to stay abreast of new initiatives and ways to stay ahead.
They perform fundamental acts of bookkeeping and produce documents such as invoices, checks, and so on.
Finally, they contribute to the management and organization of the office’s processes.