In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated administrative assistant job description. Here you will also find the duties of an administrative assistant, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.Job Description for Administrative Assistant
This administrative assistant job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for an administrative assistant. It’s ready to post on various job sites and the main responsibility of an interior designer is to handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
See Also: Interior Designer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Job Description for Administrative Assistant
In an office, an administrative assistant plays a supporting role. They are in charge of organizing and sharing information with their coworkers, as well as taking phone calls and performing other administrative tasks.
Administrative assistants aid managers, other workers, and visitors to the office by doing a number of responsibilities to make sure all contacts with outside parties are fruitful and positive. Administrative coordinators and administrative specialists are other names for these experts.
See Also: Production Assistant Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Duties of an Administrative Assistant
- Handling administrative requests and queries from senior managers.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments with admin software.
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes.
Responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitor’s. Interior Designer Job Description
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
Qualifications of an Administrative Assistant
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant or Office Admin Assistant.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
See Also: Operations Director Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Skills of an Administrative Assistant
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus.
Salary of an Adminsitrative Assistance
The average Administrative Assistant I salary in the United States is $43,842 but the range typically falls between $39,176 and $49,477. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
In summary, an administrative assistance handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
Finally, they making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.