Administrative Assistant jobs in California, USA – Apply for Administrative Assistant Jobs at Gilead Sciences – Foster City, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual’s contribution matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.We are seeking an experienced, highly organized, and proactive senior administrative professional to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and leadership team. The position will be based in Foster City, CA and will have a high level of visibility in the organization.
- Perform a wide variety of activities including handling complex projects/events requiring the gathering, reviewing, and analysis of data impacting a major portion of the organization
- Serve as a primary resource for data and information to the department
- Recommend, interpret, and/or implement company and internal administrative policies and procedures
- Interfaces with senior level external parties to provide information and answer queries
- Interfaces with a very broad range of internal management and staff while meeting a wide range of administrative needs
- Attend meetings and accurately takes minutes, capturing the essence of the discussion and notes actions items for follow-up
- Perform routine activities such as word processing, answering calls, creating PowerPoint presentations, and assembling reports
- Schedule candidate interviews and arrange hotel and travel accommodations ensuring a positive candidate experience in partnership with Talent Acquisition
- Anticipate and successfully arranges for needed resources to meet timelines
- &O’s. Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly
- Coordinate large events which includes the planning, organizing and implementation of several event activities
- Liaise with guests and speakers to assess needs and coordinates, as needed, such activities as travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations
- Assist with facilities space planning or office set-up. May screen and prioritize manager’s mail and email
- Assist in the orientation and onboarding of new administrative assistants and other staff
- Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period
- Proactively maintain daily calendar for the leadership team of Process Chemistry
- Manage scheduling changes and resolve scheduling conflicts. Set up meetings, interface with attendees (in-house or externally) and arrange for needed resources (e.g., teleconference, projection, meals)
- Work collaboratively with other administrative assistants
- Lead and manage logistical support for external engagement meetings
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures
- Must possess good proofreading and editing skills of technical documents
- Works under minimal supervision; proactive and anticipates future department needs and prepares accordingly
- Experience with EBS or SAP financial management software
- Strong knowledge of MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, contracting platforms, Concur, Workday
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage complicated calendars across multiple executives and external personnel
- Ability to work independently and be flexible, adjusting priorities and tasks in real time to support the objectives of the PC organization
- Support Process Chemistry work deliverables with heavy contract support, i.e.: execution of requests, communication with external vendors, budget management, invoice submittals, purchase order requests/execution
- Successful experience in fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and be a strong team player
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with Gilead’s Core Values
- Able to take initiative, think proactively, and mitigate conflict with little guidance
- Exceptional professionalism and ability to handle confidential materials
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess outstanding organizational skills
Specific Education And Experience Requirements
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 3+ years senior administrative experience supporting executive(s)
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Expectation is on site for this role.
To apply, please submit resume through our website at www.gilead.comGilead is an equal opportunity employer.
For Jobs In The United States
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team. Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees And Contractors Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Other Related Jobs:
See More: 1,000+ Administrative Assistant Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
Link to apply/
To apply for this job please visit gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.