City of Long Beach
Strength and conditioning jobs in California, USA – Apply for ADULT SPORTS COORDINATOR (RECREATION LEADER SPECIALIST X NC) Job at City of Long Beach – Long Beach, CA. See job descriptions, requirements and the link to apply.
The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Marine is a nationally recognized and award-winning organization with 1,100 full-time/part-time staff and a budget of $58 million. The Department oversees facilities and programs that reflect the needs and interests of a culturally diverse community, including: Approximately 170 parks with more than 3,200 acres devoted to open space and recreation, 27 community centers, 3 public pools, 6 miles of beaches, and 3 marinas.
The Department provides free and fee-based recreational programs and leisure opportunities, both self-directed and organized, for people of all ages and cultures. Youth programs include free youth sports for ages 5 to 14 serving nearly 10,000 participants annually, summer and vacation day camps, 2,100 recreational and educational classes, sailing and aquatics instruction, teen center activities, skateboarding opportunities, and supervised afterschool and weekend activities at parks and schools.
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine is seeking qualified candidates interested in applying for an Adult Sports Coordinator position. There is currently one vacancy available. The Adult Sports Coordinator position will be a part of an office team that will help implement a variety of adult sports programming.
This non-career position is offered at the Recreation Leader Specialist X level at an hourly rate of $22.157. The position is temporary and scheduled hours may vary by week on an as-needed basis. Non-career employees are not typically eligible for health/dental/vision benefits; however, they may be eligible for sick leave benefits.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Coordinate the scheduling of approximately 500 adult teams utilizing our teamsideline.com/longbeach website;
- Coordinate registration periods including taking payments (via ActiveNet software), customer assistance, certifying sports rosters and using approved vendors to order uniforms and prizes;
- Assist with the marketing of programs;
- Reserve game site locations by working with internal staff and off site partners (LBUSD and potentially others);
- Supervise, schedule and evaluate score keepers, officials and staff;
- Maintain accurate records and documentation;
- Evaluate program inventory and order equipment from approved vendors;
- Set up manager meetings discussing league rules and pertinent information;
- Work with officials assignor to schedule umpires, referees, etc.
- Drive to off-site meetings, trainings and game sites;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements To File
This position is open to all candidates who meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Five years of experience working in recreation or a related field, including two years of experience acting as lead staff;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must possess a valid driver license;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel is required;
- Working knowledge of adult sports offered, but not limited to, include basketball, indoor soccer, t-ball/baseball/softball, volleyball, flag football, ball hockey, kick ball, futsal/outdoor soccer;
- Ability and willingness to work weekday evenings and weekends;
- Experience working with a wide range of ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds is desirable.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following
- Outstanding customer service and strong organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment;
- Experience working with adults with a wide range of ethnic; cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds is desirable;
- Ability to evaluate and improve the Adult Sports experience for participants;
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public, coaches, LBUSD personnel, and interdepartmental staff.
All candidates must submit a complete application, including a letter of interest and resume, no later than 11:59 p.m., Thursday, July 1, 2021. Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to continue in the selection process.
The City of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired or if you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please call (562) 570-3188. In support of the City’s Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer and/or Tagalog) are desirable for positions interacting with the public. The City of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.
For technical issues with your application, please call (877) 204-4442.Closing Date/Time: 7/1/2021 11:59 PM Pacific.
- Athletic Trainer, PRN, School District Support, Berrien County – St Joseph, MO
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at Zeiders Enterprises – Fort Bragg, NC
- Assistant Physical Conditioning Coach jobs at IMG Academy – Brandon, FL
- Asst Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at Keiser Fitness – Palm Beach, FL
- Asst Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs
- Fitness Coach Jobs at Orangetheory Fitness – Chino Hills
Link to Apply
See More: 1,000+ Strenght and Conditioning Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
To apply for this job please visit www.careersingovernment.com.