Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1617595
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
A day in the life
The Global Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for enabling and protecting Kuiper’s use of radio frequency spectrum, and defining and leading the Project Kuiper regulatory agenda. This team operates worldwide, engaging with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), regional regulatory organizations and national regulatory authorities, coordinating the use of spectrum with other satellite and telecommunications operators, gaining country access, and promoting safety in space. The Global Regulatory Affairs team is also responsible for licensing of Kuiper facilities and services, and collaborates with trade associations, government agencies, multilateral organizations, and other satellite and telecommunications operators to advocate for rules and regulations that are in the best interest of our customers. This team works in close collaboration with Kuiper’s technical, operations and business teams to optimize for spectrum sharing and customer experience, as well as with Amazon’s public policy, public relations and legal teams to enhance the overall regulatory strategy.
About the hiring group
This position will report to the Director, Regulatory for Project Kuiper and work in close collaboration with the leads for Global Licensing, Domestic Regulatory Affairs and International Regulatory.
The Technical Program Manager (TPM): Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for the development and implementation of tracking and compliance mechanisms related to licensing, spectrum planning, service deployment, and other technical and regulatory matters associated with the implementation of a global broadband satellite constellation.
The Technical Program Manager: Regulatory Affairs will also engage cross-functionally with Public Policy, Legal, Business Development, Engineering, and Operations professionals. S/he will manage the overall compliance process and exercise technical judgment to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and license conditions (e.g., pertaining to use of the radio frequency spectrum). The Technical Program Manager: Regulatory Affairs will design tools and processes that facilitate the implementation of the compliance and licensing processes for Kuiper around the world, track and measure progress, and manage and mitigate compliance risks over the lifecycle of the Kuiper project.
· Extracting compliance requirements from regulatory requirements and license authorizations and exercising technical judgment to assess risk and ensure compliance;
· Defining and managing complex schedules and dependencies at scale;
· Building, organizing and automating reporting mechanisms;
· Leveraging mechanisms to track budget, regulatory resources, and complex schedule and compliance requirements;
· Implementing tools and dashboards to provide transparent program management status to all impacted stakeholders;
· Aligning with service availability and business priorities;
· Assessing, managing, mitigating and communicating compliance risks;
· Organizing business reviews;
· Documenting related processes and procedures;
· Asking the right questions, clearing blockers and escalating appropriately; and
· Identifying opportunities to improve process efficiency.
This position in based in Arlington, Virginia.
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Has an engineering background with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 6+ years of experience managing the lifecycle of complex, cross-functional technology-based projects.
· Experienced using PM software tools (Microsoft Project, Excel, SmartSheet, etc.) and able to adapt to new software services.
· General knowledge of satellite communications systems and services and program management experience in a heavily regulated industry.
· PMP certification or equivalent experience.
· Experience working at a high-level and collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams.
· A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
· Ability to prioritize activities with changing timelines.
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- UX Designer, Alexa Hub Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Technical Account Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Data Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Principal Product Manager – Tech Amazon Jobs – Medford, MA.
- AWS Principal Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Business Partner Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer – AWS Region Build Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- WW Sr. Program Manager Returns & ReCommerce Amazon Jobs – Pennsylvania Furnace, PA.
- Community Manager – Seller Forums Amazon Jobs -Seattle, Washington
- Senior Program Manager, Communities Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.