Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. Apply for Packaging Engineer, Product Experience Amazon Jobs – Hawthorne , CA. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1610691
Job Title: Packaging Engineer, Product Experience
Ring helps connect communities to build safer neighborhoods, and we are currently seeking a Packaging Engineer with strong conceptual and engineering skills to create unique, scalable concepts that drive the future of our packaging and unboxing experience to further that mission.
You will be an integral part of executing build strategies, including: DFM innovation, new product development, execution efficiency, mitigating risk, best practice, as well as a key escalation path for packaging process issues. Your emphasis will be on helping to drive the development of packaging part manufacturing and processes towards Marketing and ID intent—bridging the gap between strategic business goals and design priorities.
A day in the life
As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our US, China, and Taiwan teams throughout the design cycle, closely monitoring and driving packaging engineering initiatives and processes to develop and lock concepts that our Taiwan team will put into mass production.
You’ll connect the US and Asia teams to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration, including: Product Development, Global Commodity Management, Strategic Procurement, Program Management, Operations, Logistics, and Supply Chain.
About the hiring group
The Product Experience team is a collaborative group of designers, engineers, content strategists, writers, producers, and product and program management—raising the bar to deliver delightful products for Neighbors—our customers. This is a unique opportunity to work with an inventive, user-centered team that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronic device packaging for Ring.
· Maintain close communication with Asia and US Engineering teams to ensure effective team collaboration.
· Identify and develop packaging materials, manufacturing processes, and finishes.
· Design, prototype, and deliver scalable processes to address highly complex programs.
· Drive towards yield and cycle time targets ahead of mass production.
· Collaborate with suppliers, providing design feedback and recommendations including but not limited to features, tolerances, DFM, fixture development, etc.
· Participate in early engagement design recommendations and user testing to optimize solutions.
· Lead detailed engineering studies and provide the risk evaluation to the design team.
· Attend packaging builds; Provide reports to the engineering and core teams.
· Collaborate with Supplier Quality and support issue resolution at suppliers throughout the development cycle.
· Support Operations team ramp at mass production and sustaining as required.
· Travel domestically (15-20%) and internationally (once per quarter) to Ring offices and supplier sites
· Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering or related field
· 3+ years of professional experience in a high-volume consumer electronics industry
· Experience running packaging software such as ArtiosCAD and TOPS
· Experience in creating Engineering Bills of Materials (BOM) structure, ECO, and documentation
· Ability to identify risks, develop clear mitigation plans, and communicate effectively to executive stakeholders.
· Master’s degree
· Experience prioritizing concurrent activities and focus to align with business and organization goals and meet evolving deadlines
· Experience working onsite with local and international manufacturers and suppliers
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Proven strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with your team in collaborative environments
Knowledge in the following fields:
· Corrugated, paperboard, and molded pulp packaging design
· Packaging adhesives, protective films, and polybags
· Packaging process and fixture development
· Paper printing decoration and treatments
· Developing and creating test protocol and procedure
About Ring Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone — while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Manager, Software Development Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Program Manager, Recalls Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Program Manager, Internal Tools Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Forensic & Fraud, Senior Auditor Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Data Scientist Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Amazon Books Retail Associate Amazon Jobs – Marina del Rey, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.