Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Senior Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Santa Barbara, California. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1615875
Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer
“Alexa, how old was Abraham Lincoln when he was President?”
“Alexa, tell me when the Super Bowl starts.”
“Alexa, what’s the tallest building in North Dakota?”
Do you want to pioneer cutting edge voice technology? Build new ways for voice assistants to make life easier and more fun for customers? Leverage and optimize one of the largest knowledge graphs in the world? Our Knowledge Engine team does just that.
Our teams power the majority of fact-based questions answered by Alexa today. We’ve built the deepest and most flexible knowledge graph on the planet, containing billions of entities, hundreds of billions of facts, and an extensible presentation layer used to build customer delighting experiences.
A day in the life
As a senior developer on our team, you’ll set technical direction for all parts of the Q&A pipeline – natural language understanding, language and visualization generation across multiple languages, knowledge storage and representation optimized for low latency & high throughput access, exposing stable APIs to developers to empower innovative products, and much more.
About the hiring group
See what our team has to say about working in Santa Barbara in this two minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENWxNrobGI
Santa Barbara boasts a vibrant tech scene with 40+ startups and established companies. Located just 50 minutes away from Los Angeles’ outer suburbs, Santa Barbara offers other major industries like hospitality, aerospace, healthcare, and more. For partners or families moving to the area, Santa Barbara and neighboring towns Carpinteria, Ventura, and Camarillo offer a range of options for communities to live, learn, and work in.
Impact you’ll have:
· Have your code used daily by Alexa customers around the world
· Define new features and services
· Be seen as a technical leader in our organization & mentor other engineers on our team
What you’ll do:
· Work on a quickly growing team in sunny Santa Barbara
· Own feature design, prioritization, and implementation to influence our technical roadmap
· Commit code several times a day that is immediately seen/heard by Alexa users
· Scale launches across all content categories, all languages, and all existing devices.
Who you’ll work with:
· Curious and driven software engineers and product managers in Santa Barbara
· Software developers across several Alexa teams, including Alexa’s core understanding and answering services
· Industry leaders in NLP across our Alexa AI teams
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 5+ years of professional software engineering experience building scalable production application
· Proficiency in SQL (MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases
· A love for turning performance up to 11
· A desire to be part of a team that is building world-changing products
· A passion for learning, occasionally failing, and then learning once again
- Technical Account Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Data Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Principal Product Manager – Tech Amazon Jobs – Medford, MA.
- AWS Principal Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Business Partner Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer – AWS Region Build Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- WW Sr. Program Manager Returns & ReCommerce Amazon Jobs – Pennsylvania Furnace, PA.
- Community Manager – Seller Forums Amazon Jobs -Seattle, Washington
- Senior Program Manager, Communities Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Community Manager – Seller Forums Amazon Jobs – Phoenix Area, AZ
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.