Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. Apply for Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1610759
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Alexa News keeps customers informed about the world around them by seamlessly integrating the news they want most into their everyday lives. We build news experiences across multiple devices, including the Echo Family, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet. These experiences touch every aspect of news, from lean-back (“Alexa, what’s the news?”) to specific questions (“Alexa, what’s the latest with the election?”). Our teams work in a fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about our customers, experiences, and systems. As a member of the team, you should be able to learn new concepts quickly and feel at home in a new and constantly evolving space.
A day in the life
As a Software Developer on the team, you’ll be responsible for taking on challenging technical and customer problems and building and maintaining quality products and systems. You should be able to build for the long-term, driving sound architectures and designing for stability of your systems, with the ability to evolve over time. You should be able to work with a variety of partners to help define our experiences and requirements, and work with your teammates to deliver delightful experiences to our customers. Additionally, you should have a strong sense of ownership, pushing for best practices and operational excellence and display a constant desire to learn and improve.
About the hiring group
The Alexa News team is responsible for News experiences on Alexa devices, we are operating on a global scale serving millions of customers daily. Now we’re looking for top talent to help us design, develop, and deliver a new experience that will delight our customers and continue to make Alexa News a key part of everyone’s day. On our team, you’ll work directly with both our customer facing and behind the scenes experiences, you’ll work to ensure that customers always hear the news that matters most to them.
· Work with product / business teams to help define experience as we onboard new content / providers.
· Work with engineers on the team / partner teams to help ensure we are delivering a consistent experience for our customers.
· Actively participate / lead org wide design reviews to make sure right technical investments are being made to achieve long term success for the product.
· Participate in peer code reviews. Make sure code is well architected and documented. Review associated tests to make sure there is coverage across the use-cases.
· Mentor engineers on the team to help get better in regards to the software development life cycle / processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 2+ year relevant work experience
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
· Proficiency with SQL, and SQL databases
· Understanding of distributed data storage and caching.
- Software Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Amazon Books Retail Associate Amazon Jobs – Marina del Rey, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Vancouver, WA
- Principal DEI Program Manager Amazon jobs – New York Area, NY
- Base Building Tech II Amazon Jobs – Hebron, KY
- Warehouse Team Member $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Jobs at Amazon – Brooklyn Park, MN
- Warehouse Team Member Jobs at Amazon – Oshkosh, WI
- Warehouse Team Member $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Job at Amazon – New Century, KS
- Warehouse Team Member $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Job at Amazon – Sacramento, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.