Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. Apply for Manager, Software Development Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1610709
Job Title: Manager, Software Development.
My team is leading new initiatives to trend set the customer experience and improve engagement on Fire TV devices and build performant consumer facing experiences for TV. We are working on several strategic technical projects which deliver large scalable cloud services and high profile client/libraries.
A day in the life
The role is cross-functional- requires to work closely with UX, PM, and external teams/partners to deliver key initiatives which impact millions of customers.
About the hiring group
The charter of the team is to provide the best discovery and consumption experience to our customers, while enabling our 1P partners (Prime Video, Amazon Advertising, Appstore, etc.) to drive the Amazon flywheel, and our 3P partners to succeed in their business goals on Fire TV.
Help re-invent how millions of people watch TV!
Fire TV remains the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the US. As we continue to evolve the customer experiences on our products, we are looking for experienced software engineers to lead initiatives on Fire TV.
In this role, you will deliver some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, build the trend setting Fire TV core experience and product vision. The role is inherently cross-functional — you will work closely with UX, PM and external teams to deliver key initiatives that impact millions of customers.
We are looking for someone with a deep customer focus, as well as a passion for feature experimentation in video and entertainment space and have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications and services with broad business impact. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience and an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know.
· Help develop technical roadmap, strategy, customer experience and roadmap for FireTV product initiatives
· Facilitate the technical architecture between multiple complex systems.
· Create buy-in for the technical vision and strategy both internally and with key external partners
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, schedule, performance and cost
· Proactively identify and resolve technical risks and issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic or technical goals.
· Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver the best product for our customers
· Experience managing high performance team and a track record hiring and building a team
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· Knowledge of Android applications and framework
· Knowledge of Android/Java coding
· Ability to debug problems from logs
· Experience using tools like JIRA.
· Experience with UX design
· Proven track record of managing multiple work streams concurrently.
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Proven track record of managing SDLC
· Ability to influence teams without authority
· Comfortable reporting to senior leadership
· Track record of effectively escalating issues when needed
· Experience managing high performance team and a track record hiring and building a team.
- Program Manager, Recalls Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Program Manager, Internal Tools Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Forensic & Fraud, Senior Auditor Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Data Scientist Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Amazon Books Retail Associate Amazon Jobs – Marina del Rey, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Vancouver, WA
- Principal DEI Program Manager Amazon jobs – New York Area, NY
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.