Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for System Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1617529
Job Title: System Development Engineer II
The Tax Software team is looking for a talented and enthusiastic System Development Engineer who is passionate about operations excellence and interested in raising the bar on how we maintain, operate and scale our tools and services to support Amazon’s business globally.
As a team, we are responsible for Amazon’s tax calculation platform, providing the core services that calculate taxes (sales tax and VAT) for all sales, physical and digital, globally. We strive to provide extremely accurate tax amounts to the customer at order time, and make sure audit records are stored safely to meet tax law requirements around the globe. Our challenges include staying on top of the complex and ever-changing global tax rates and laws as well as computing calculations correctly and quickly, thousands of times a second.
As a system development engineer, you are will be considered a technical subject matter expert for tools and services within the team. Our services include multiple, massively scalable distributed systems that provide inexpensive, reliable, global tax calculation platforms to our business partners. You should be somebody who enjoys working on solving problems, are customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about operations but also about running systems and software in the real world. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and Linux/Unix skills, in-depth knowledge of networking and work towards building tools and software on improving operational experience. You will be working on real hardware, but with plenty of opportunity to develop software using the latest AWS technologies to move our business forward. As a member of the team, you will be guiding team members from multiple disciplines to provide solutions that meet cost and availability needs for our customers. You will play a significant role in hiring, mentoring, and training new hires.
· B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience in either technical support, software/systems development.
· Proficiency in working within a Unix ecosystem – troubleshooting issues, scripting using either Shell or Perl.
· Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages Java, Ruby, Python.
· Understanding of relational/object-oriented DB technologies and ability to write/debug complex SQL queries is added advantage.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Experience working with distributed systems and/or large-scale web applications.
· Experience in a 24/7 production environment.
· Proficiency in networking concepts.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
· Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence – must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement. This may involve identifying tech. debt or bugs that create operational pain and working towards resolving them either by direct code changes, improving service architecture or building supplemental tools to augment real time calculation services.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
· Exposure to modern database and hosting technologies on AWS.
- Principal Design Technologist Amazon Jos – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Product Manager, Alexa Smart Home Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- UX Designer, Alexa Hub Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Technical Account Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Data Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Principal Product Manager – Tech Amazon Jobs – Medford, MA.
- AWS Principal Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Business Partner Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer – AWS Region Build Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.