Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Software Development Engineer – AWS Region Build Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1616489
Job Title: Software Development Engineer – AWS Region Build
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Experienced in building and leading teams of highly competent software engineers? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
The Team: We’re an agile, innovative team working to build a brand new AWS product. We need developers who are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. This team will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly impact hundreds of other teams at Amazon.
Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering or 2 years experience in software development in lieu of degree
· 1 year experience in software development / programming with Java, C#, Python or related language
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
· Experience building new products and services from the ground up.
· Experience with React.js, Node.js and Java based web applications
· Experience with building RESTful or SOAP APIs
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer networking and information security.
· Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team.
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet timelines.
· Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, and enterprise application integration.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (email@example.com) if you have questions.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- WW Sr. Program Manager Returns & ReCommerce Amazon Jobs – Pennsylvania Furnace, PA.
- Community Manager – Seller Forums Amazon Jobs -Seattle, Washington
- Senior Program Manager, Communities Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Community Manager – Seller Forums Amazon Jobs – Phoenix Area, AZ
- Customer Solutions Manager Amazon Jobs – Atlanta, Georgia
- Operations Manager Amazon Jobs – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Software Development Engineer, Alexa AI Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Customer Solutions Leader Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Economist Amazon jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Operations Manager Amazon Jobs – Airway Heights, WA.
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.