Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Software Development Engineer II – SEA Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1614376
Job Title: Software Development Engineer II – SEA
Come build future with us! Help us shape the customer experience for millions of AWS Customers!
The Kumo team is at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. Kumo works across all AWS Customers from big & diverse enterprise’s like movie streaming services and National Aeronautics and Space Administration to small customers as they move their infrastructure to the cloud. Kumo interacts with all AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and others.
The AWS Kumo team is looking for software developers with experience in building real-time, scalable, distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for experienced software developers to help design, build, and launch these platforms. If you are intrigued, please keep reading.
The AWS Kumo Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history! Do you: Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
Additional responsibilities includes but not limited to:
· Take ownership and build high-performance systems in a complex, distributed environment
· Work on backend development using one of following frameworks: Spring, Rails or Express
· Work on frontend development or mobile application development or teams that supports development.
· Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
The positions involve some on-call responsibilities, typically each team follows a standard process to limit the on-call requirement to a minimal. One average some of the teams follow one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our teams have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our teams are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; engineers who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 3+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Senior Data Scientist Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Solutions Architect Amazon Jobs – Colorado
- Snr Mgr, Software Development Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Finance Manager, New Initiatives Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Medford, MA.
- Senior WW Planning Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- WW Planning Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Associate Corporate Counsel Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Enterprise Service Manager Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Principal Customer Practice Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.