Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in New York State, United States. – Apply for Applied Scientist, AWS Vertical Services Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1618856
Job Title: Applied Scientist, AWS Vertical Services
Our vision at AWS is to simplify and advance AI/ML in solving customer problems. We are building a team of passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better. Our mission is to provide a delightful experience to Amazon’s customers by pushing the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Machine Translation (MT), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML). If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk!
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientists who can bring bleeding edge machine learning and NLP techniques into real products solving real problems together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of scientist, engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Masters or PhD in machine learning (or in a highly related area) or equivalent experience
· Solid background in statistical learning techniques for NLP (Deep Learning, CRFs, SVMs, LDA, LSI, MRFs etc)
· Fluency with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet. · Must have ML/NLP algorithm implementation experience as well as the ability to modify standard algorithms (e.g. change objectives, work-out the math and implement)
· Experience and/or solid background on modern deep learning approaches to NLP: word/paragraph embedding, representation learning, text/sentiment classification, ambiguity disambiguation
· Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.)
· PhD in Natural Language Processing or Information Retrieval
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: entity/relation extraction, normalization, text summarization, semantic search, word/paragraph/document embedding, ranking, ontology-aware IR, question answering systems
· Knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
· Track-record of having developed novel algorithms, e.g. publications in one or more of the following: KDD, WWW, NIPS, NAACL, ACL, SIGIR, EMNLP, ICML etc
· Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
· Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools.
· Excellent communication skills
- Senior Product Manager Tech – Prime Video Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – East Palo Alto, CA
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate – The Mall at Millenia Amazon Jobs – Orlando, FL
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate Amazon Jobs – Skokie, IL
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate – Somerset Collection Amazon Jobs – Troy, MI
- Amazon Pop Up Retail Associate – Westfield Old Orchard Amazon Jobs – Skokie, IL
- Amazon 4-star Retail Associate – SoHo Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Business Analyst Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Inbound Process Assistant Amazon Jobs – Chattanooga Area, TN
- Amazon Books Retail Associate – Georgetown Amazon Jobs – Washington, DC | Greater Metro Area
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.