Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for Area Manager – Military Skillbridge Opportunity Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2294427
Job Title: Area Manager.
The DOD SkillBridge program is an opportunity for active duty service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of military service. SkillBridge connects service members with industry partners in real-world job experiences.
For this position, you must be Skillbridge approved through your Command to participate in this fellowship which begins on February 12, 2023 and concludes on April 21, 2023.
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do then a leadership role in Hubs within Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) could be the right career choice for you. Our teams are changing the way we support Grocery and Sub Same Day (SSD) customer offerings around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest distribution and supply chain challenges within these businesses.
Amazon’s GSF Hub teams are looking for highly motivated, curious leaders who can cut through ambiguity to continually improve our processes to innovate on behalf of our customers. Our teams work to support distribution to our grocery and SSD stores and fulfillment centers to deliver the highest quality of inventory on time of ambient, chilled/frozen, produce and non-consumables best of Amazon goods in the largest multi-temp buildings Amazon operates globally. We are continuing to invent to find solutions to make sure we are delivering for these high growth verticals.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to deliver on this promise.
Amazon is seeking Managers for our GSF Hub Distribution Center network throughout the United States. Your role will be focused on supporting expansion and growth of our Hub business. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As we continue to grow, we will rely on smart and scalable practices to enable execution of a best-in-class operation and drive cost down. A candidate with prior distribution (DC) warehouse or grocery operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage DC operations, associates, partners, and operational metrics. In these roles, you will have broad responsibility of operations including but not limited to Safety, Inbound, Outbound, Quality and people engagement. Where the path forward is unclear, you will be required to partner and drive solutions with our support teams but often, you will be expected to be the front-line contact and first point of entry for our associate, vendors and internal customers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and cost. As a front-line leader, you will work to remover associate barriers to support daily execution and you will be the main point of contact for many Amazon support teams requiring excellent soft skills. Through these relationships, you will invent new strategies that will help improve our associate and customer experience.
As an Area Manager, it is expected that you will be able to operate in a highly ambiguous environment, communicating and interacting with your direct Operations manager on a daily basis.
We are always looking for talented individuals who would like to quickly take on responsibility and join the team that further enhances innovation and excellence in operations.
You and your team of associates are responsible for delivering a best in class customer and associate experience. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, whose needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed and drive the it is always day 1 mentality… We strive for scalable solutions to improve our overall business. Executing well thought out approaches to problem solving and designing short term solutions while partnering with various Support teams to design the long-term solution will be a key element of your job.
Additional Job Elements
• Lift and move product up to 49 pounds
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FCs Chilled ambient and frozen space with great frequency. (grocery)
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Able to travel up to 5% of your time.
• Flexibility in schedule as you may be required to work any day/night of the week, across daily operating hours
• Effectively communicate with internal and external partners
• Problem solve complex solutions to find scrappy, scalable solutions for customers and associates
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- 2+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Must be approved to participate in Skillbridge program from February 12, 2023- April 21, 2023
- Within final 180 days of transition from Military Service
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
- Sr. Payments Program Manager, Payment Business Operations Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Head of Marketing Strategy and Growth Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Manager, WHS Manager of Recordkeeping Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Corporate Counsel, AWS Sales & Marketing Legal Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Senior Tech Program Manager – Advertising Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, CA
- Corporate Counsel, L&E Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- SDE – iOS mobile, Key for Business Amazon Jobs – New Jersey
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Store Zone Lead – Paramus, NJ (Full-Time) Amazon Jobs – Paramus, NJ
- Program Manager, Privacy, Central Privacy Legal Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Seasonal HR Contact Center Associate , Employee Resource Center, Disability Leave Services Support Amazon Jobs – US
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.