Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Art Teacher jobs in New York State, USA – Apply for Art Teacher Jobs at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health – Red Hook, NY (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Are you looking for a supportive teaching environment with low student-teacher ratios and the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
We are currently offering a $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS to brand new full time employees working over 37.5 hours per week or a $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS for part time employees working 20 or more hours per week.
Being an Art Teacher has its advantages
As a Devereux teacher, you will work with other dedicated education professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need.
- Greater autonomy and flexibility with teaching plans; fewer state and federal mandates
- Assignment of teacher’s assistants to your classroom to help maintain the physical, emotional wellbeing and safety of all students
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org
- Tuition assistance after 6 months of working full time – up to 12 credits per year!
- Access to the Savi Student Loan Checkup tool to help you navigate the student loan system – quickly see your repayment plan options and discover potential savings!
- A rewarding experience helping individuals complete daily activities and achieving long term goals.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. Located in Red Hook, NY, this position is responsible for planning and implementing instructional art programs for students with intellectual/developmental disabilities, under the direct supervision of the School Principal. The Art Teacher will instruct assigned students in creative art skills necessary for development, and will evaluates students’ level of proficiency in order to prescribe suitable activities. They will evaluate students’ progress in meeting goals through observation, preparing reports as required. The Art Teacher is also responsible for preparing Individual Treatment Plans for each student in the area of art education. This involves an evaluation of each child’s total program and preparation of annual goals for the subject area. Plans are revised throughout the year according to the student’s progress. They will meet with parents/agencies during parent-teacher conferences as assigned.
Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease prevention including COVID-19. Learn More: https://jobs.devereux.org/#covid .
Keywords: art teacher, teaching artist, special education teacher, SPED, teacher, school, education, special education, behavioral health, children, middle school, elementary, high school, teaching, autism, full time, non profit, hiring immediately, now hiring
Education : Masters in Special Education or in process. BS/BA in education with SWD certification
Experience : Two years experience working with individuals with I/DD is preferred.
Physical Requirements : Free of dependency and abuse of illegal or illicit drugs, alcohol, inhalants or other chemical or controlled substances. Significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, and lifting of 70 lbs. or more. Using standard crisis intervention procedures must be able to singlehandedly effect the initial restraint of children and adolescents weighing between 75 and 150 lbs. Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccine mandate requires staff without an approved medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated to be employed in this program. If you are fully vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption prior to starting.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Art Teacher (Immediate Hire) Jobs at Democracy Prep Public Schools – San Antonio, TX (On-site)
- Art Teacher – IDEA Montopolis College Prep (Immediate Opening) Jobs at IDEA Public Schools – Austin, TX
- Art Teacher (K-8) at Advantage Charter Academy Jobs at National Heritage Academies – Baker, LA (On-site)
- Art Teacher – K-6th Grade – 2022/2023 School Year Jobs at Mastery Schools – Camden, NJ (On-site)
- Part-time Art Teacher (Grade: EC-5) Base Calendar Jobs at Dallas Independent School District – Cedar Crest, Texas
- Art Teacher Jobs at Culpeper County Public Schools – Culpeper, VA (On-site)
- Art Teacher (Grade: 6-8) Redesign Calendar Jobs at Dallas Independent School District – Dallas, TX (On-site)
- Art Teacher (2022-2023 School Year) Jobs at NeuroPace – Dayton, OH (On-site)
- Art Teacher Jobs at Maxim Healthcare Staffing – Cleveland, OH (On-site)
- Art Teacher Mentor Jobs at Fusion Academy – Boca Raton, FL (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Art Teacher Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers-devereux.icims.com.