State of Connecticut
Art Teacher jobs in Connecticut, USA – Apply for Art Teacher State School Teacher (12 Months) Jobs at State of Connecticut – Middletown, CT (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Are you an educator devoted to art education that wants to positively affect the personal wellbeing and academic success of the children and young people? Apply today to join t he State of Connecticut , Department of Children and Families (DCF) as a full time State School Teacher for Art.
As a State School Teacher you will be a part of our competitive benefits plan
- Health and dental insurance
- Group life insurance
- Supplemental benefits.
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Five weeks of scheduled vacation time
- Sick and personal leave accruals
- The option to maintain State of CT Teacher Retirement Plan or enroll in the State Employee Retirement System.
DCF Education Services Unified School District #2 (USD#2) recognizes that each child is an individual; that all children are creative; that all children need to succeed. Therefore, USD #2 respects the individual needs of children; fosters a caring and creative environment; and emphasizes the social, emotional, physical, intellectual development of each child.
The Department Is Seeking Candidates Who Possess As Art Teacher you will work extensively with teachers and administration to help students improve their learning skills; provide specific strategies for teaching and supporting students with the development of motor skills, language skills, social skills, decision-making, risk-taking, and inventiveness; and collaborate with classroom teachers as well as support staff, monitor student progress, and administer assessments as necessary.
- Experience working with students in a hospital setting
- Understanding the different types of learning styles of students and able to teach to their ability levels.
- Ability to work with a variety of different disciplines throughout the day.
- Working knowledge of classroom routines and discipline.
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask to a high degree of success
- Propensity to follow class schedule as provided by school administration understanding that it may change unexpectedly
- Monday – Friday, 7:50am to 3:20pm.
- 12 Month
- 35 hours per week
- Located at Albert J. Solnit South Campus, 915 River Road, Middletown, CT 06457
Must possess certification in Art and State Department of Education Endorsement Codes 042 (Art).
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
- Please visit our Applicant Tips on How to Apply page .
Important Next Step Information For After You Apply
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting’s closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question’s expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user’s spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to [email protected] .
Connect With Us
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Elizabeth Weston at [email protected] and reference the recruitment number.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
- Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn .
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state institution, facility or region within a state unified school district, teaches appropriate early intervention, elementary, secondary, special subjects and/or special education curricula to individuals enrolled in departmental education programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Teaches early intervention, elementary, secondary, special subject and/or special education curricula; develops educational plans for individuals and groups material level to students ability; sets short and long term goals and evaluates progress of students; participates in planning team meetings and case review conferences assessing student behavior; may hold conferences with parents or officials concerned with student’s performance; relates to professionals in ancillary educational roles; maintains student records and writes reports; performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of the philosophy and methods of education and teaching; knowledge of the principles and practices of education for special needs population; knowledge of student program needs and goal setting; ability to motivate students; ability to communicate at the appropriate level; ability to establish cooperative relationships with those contacted in work; ability to prepare written reports.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Possess certification in Art and State Department of Education Endorsement Codes 042 (Art)
- Teaching experience in adolescent behavioral health setting and/or vocational experience
- Employment in this class is conditional upon possession of a valid Connecticut State Board of Education teaching certificate appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a current Connecticut Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation of each candidate may be made prior to appointment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Art Teacher – IDEA Edgemere College Prep (23-24) Jobs at IDEA Public Schools – El Paso, TX (On-site)
- Art Teacher (Grades: K-8) Intersession Calendar Jobs at Dallas Independent School District – Starks, LA (On-site)
- 22-23 – Shorewood – Art Teacher 0.6 FTE (24 HPW) Jobs at Madison Metropolitan School District – Madison, WI (On-site)
- Art Teacher Needed for Phoenix Elementary School Jobs at Kelly – Phoenix, AZ
- Art Teacher Jobs at Apis Services, Inc. – Morgantown, PA (On-site)
- Art Teacher (Ripley Elementary School) Jobs at BakerRipley – Houston, TX
- Art Teacher (K-8th) at Prevail Academy Jobs at National Heritage Academies – Mount Clemens, MI (On-site)
- Art Teacher Jobs at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health – Red Hook, NY (On-site)
- Art Teacher (Immediate Hire) Jobs at Democracy Prep Public Schools – San Antonio, TX (On-site)
- Art Teacher – IDEA Montopolis College Prep (Immediate Opening) Jobs at IDEA Public Schools – Austin, TX
See More: 1,000+ Art Teacher Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.jobapscloud.com.