The Home Depot
The Home Depot jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for ASSET PROTECTION SPECIALIST Jobs at The Home Depot -Spring, TX. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
The Asset Protection Specialist is primarily responsible for preventing financial loss caused by theft and fraud and supporting safety and environmental program compliance in their assigned store/multiple stores. They utilize tools to minimize loss to the Company, including but not limited to identifying incidents of theft and fraud, reviewing CCTV and exception reports, monitoring the store’s physical security, auditing the Electronic Article Surveillance and driving a “shrink elimination” culture in the store. Other responsibilities include: preparing accurate and detailed case reports documenting your apprehensions and recoveries, preserving evidence, interacting with law enforcement and testifying in criminal and civil court actions. The Asset Protection Specialist must report any hazardous or unsafe condition to the Manager on Duty and carry out job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes the risk of injury to themselves, other associates, vendors, customers, and the Company. They must demonstrate integrity at all times, respond to asset protection and operational concerns of all associates and remain focused on store specific business objectives while supporting key asset protection and operational responsibilities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
The APS will utilize tools to minimize Company loss, responsibilities including but not limited to:
– Identify (external and internal) incidents of theft and fraud. Detains and interviews persons apprehended for shoplifting, in accordance with local laws and Company policies governing apprehensions. Minimize risk of injuries during apprehensions.
– Review CCTV, audit EAS, exception reports and other available Company media to identify associates who may be engaging in dishonest activity on THD property; process individuals who commit theft and fraud.
– Prepare detailed and accurate case / investigation reports in a timely manner. Preserve relevant evidence, including but not limited to CCTV in all cases / investigations. Monitor criminal prosecutions, appear in court when required, testify and represent the Company in a professional manner.
– Monitor the store’s physical security. Drive execution of store safety programs and validate compliance with company standards and policies. Validate environmental compliance to company standards.
– Teach, coach, and train associates on proper operational processes as well as store safety compliance standards.
Nature and Scope:
Typically reports to store APM: In stores without APM: Multi – APM & Store Manager
This position has no direct reports.
Typically will have frequent contact outside the workgroup.
Typically procedures for analyzing situations and making conclusions are diverse.
Typically considers several options and past practice when solving problems.
Typically progress or results of work is regularly checked and prior approval is required before changing standard work procedures.
Environmental Job Requirements:
5. Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a retail environment.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Certifications & Licenses:
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Proficient in the use of retail CCTV systems.
A formal training program after High School. 1+ year(s) experience as a retail-related Loss Prevention or equivalent. Competent in the use of retail CCTV systems. Understanding of external theft surveillance and apprehension methodologies. Excellent analytical skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Analyze data as it pertains to work related issues.
Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple priorities.
Use of sound judgment
Act with integrity
Ability to negotiate and influence others
Ability to interview and perform investigations
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER – INSTRUCTOR Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- LARGE EQUIPMENT DELIVERY TECHNICIAN Jobs at The Home Depot -Wilmington, DE
- NON-CDL DELIVERY DRIVER Jobs at The Home Depot -Elk Grove Village, IL
- CYBERSECURITY ENGINEER II (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER – SALESFORCE (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCHER (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- MANAGER, FINANCE BUSINESS SERVICES – CHANGE & COMMUNICATIONS Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- HDMS CONTACT CENTER SALES MANAGER Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER Jobs at The Home Depot -Dallas, TX
See More: 1,000+ The Home Depot jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.