Strength and Conditioning Jobs in Florida, USA – Apply for Assistant Physical Conditioning Coach at IMG Academy – Brandon, FL. See job description, requirements and link to apply.
Job description – Physical Conditioning Coach Jobs
Want to love what you do in an environment that values learning and growth alongside other high performing individuals? If you answered yes, IMG Academy is hiring.
Our unique campus is dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders, champions and influencers. We believe that each day is an opportunity to achieve dreams and inspire greatness. As part of the IMG Family, we prepare our student-athletes to succeed, taking on life with confidence and preparedness. Through our integration of elite academics, athletics and character development, our student-athletes are prepared to rise up to their full potential – whether that’s on the field, in the classroom or in life.
We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
- Passionate Soul: Love what you do
- Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
- Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
- Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
- Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
Job Title: Assistant Physical Conditioning Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Category: Professional
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of physical conditioning training programs for athletes in all sports, all ages, and all levels.
- Assist in programming (to include a 10 month periodized plan) of strength and power training; speed, agility, movement sessions; and regeneration with the potential ability to lead programming
- Assist in the development and implementation physical conditioning training programs for athletes in all sports, all ages, and all levels with the potential to lead development and implementation
- Assist and lead the delivery of strength and power training; speed, agility, movement sessions; and regeneration in one to one, small group and large group sessions
- Communication with coaches, fellow APD colleagues and athletes
- Integration and observation of athletes in their sport environment as feasible
- Tracking, data entry and reporting of testing, attendance, and other required needs for the training program as well as in the AMS (Athlete Management System)
- Collaborate with other APD divisions (Sports Medicine, Sport Science, Nutrition, Mental Conditioning, Leadership, Cognitive Perceptual Training) and participate in interdisciplinary pods with the other APD staff members who work in the same sport(s)
- Day to day upkeep of facilities
- Deliver and support IMG Institute initiatives and sessions as necessary
- Support sponsorship companies and initiatives as necessary
- Support team and group training and events as necessary
- Provide coach or parent education as necessary
- Balance the needs of the business with the needs of the athletes and department
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelors Degree Physical Education, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or a related field
- Participated in at least one previous internship or GA experience in Strength & Conditioning
- Proficiency in writing periodized training programs for athletes of all ages in a variety of sports
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues, sport coaches, parents and athletes
- Adaptable and flexible to a dynamic training and work environment
- Passionate and positive attitude
- Open and responsive to feedback
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to connect with various ages, skill levels, cultures and sports
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Possess or working toward CSCS, SCCC, USAW certification or equivalent
- Experience in speed and movement training
- Experience with junior and youth athletes
- Experience with sport science
- Sport or coaching experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- CPR/First Aid certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Ability to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
EOE, Disabled & Veterans
Apply for this job online Apply
Email job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Education Management
Link to Apply
See More: 1,000+ Strength and Conditioning Jobs Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
To apply for this job please visit academy-img.icims.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.