Strength and conditioning jobs in Missouri, USA – Apply for Athletic Trainer, PRN, School District Support, Berrien County – St Joseph, MO. See job descriptions, requirements and steps to apply.
Job Title: Athletic Trainer
Job Category: Fitness
Requisition Number: R10250
Location: St Joseph, MO
Provides quality, evidence based athletic health to stakeholders in the sports medicine outreach athletic training program. Develops, implements, and maintains comprehensive health care programs for patients, clients, and athletes. The practice of athletic training includes injury/illness prevention and wellness protection, clinical assessment and impression, immediate and emergency care, treatment and rehabilitation, and organizational and professional health and well-being of individuals under the direction of a physician. Travel required.Essential Functions
- Triage patients as directed by physicians, and other providers. Provides patient instruction as directed by physicians, and other providers. Collects and monitors patient data, reporting patient data and patient needs to physicians, and other providers. Documents care consistent with documentation guidelines.
- Evaluates athletes’ physical condition, response and progress and discusses with appropriate physician, Lead Athletic Trainer or Manager. Interfaces with student athletes, parents, staff, coaches, physicians, athletic trainers, and auxiliary medical personnel for information exchange on status of athletes’ condidtion. Observes and assists the fitting of athletic equipment.
- Responsible for the operation of treatment headquarters at practice and game sites, the modalities, equipment and supplies used in these treatment areas, as well as the general cleanliness of the athletic facilities and treatment areas.
- Responsible for preparing the players for each practice and game by exercising, preventative taping and bandaging techniques, and overseeing the team warm-up and flexibility period. May be required to cover practices and contests (home and away) during the pre-season, regular season, and post-season. Further, summer out-of-season athletic training office hours will be expected. Will remain on 24-hour call during the time designated.
- Responsible for working with the team Physician/Lead Athletic Trainer/Managerin planning, organization and implementation of pre-season (and post-season when indicated) physical examinations of all players. Will also work directly with the Team Physicians and coaching staffs to determine when it is medically safe for an ill or injured athlete to return to competition.
- Rehabilitation of injured players following athletic injury or surgery is a primary concern of the Athletic Trainer. This responsibility must be followed by the Athletic Trainer from onset of injury, to the acquisition of a diagnosis by the Team Physician, through the conservative or surgical procedures necessary to provide the best possible outcome for the athlete, through a reconditioning program aimed at restoring the injured athlete to his/her pre-injury fitness level or a level determined by the Team Physician to allow the athlete to return to competition.
- Reads pertinent literature, attends meetings and educational classes, and participates in professional associations as appropriate.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent athletic training or related field
- Required Master’s Degree or equivalent Completion of a CAATE approved athletic training education program or educational equivalent
- Successful completion of competency based orientation program Required
- 1 year of relevant experience Related and progressively more responsible experience in all aspects of athletic training Required
- CRT-Athletic Trainer, Certified – BOC Board of Certification and Accreditation
- LIC-Athletic Trainer License – STATE_MI State of Michigan
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) – AHA American Heart Association
- CRT-Basic Life Support (BLS) – ARC American Red Cross
- CRT-Strength & Conditioning Specialist, Certified (CSCS) – NSCA National Strength and Conditioning Association
- CRT-Performance Enhancement Specialization, Certified (PES) – UNKNOWN Unknown
- CRT-Functional Movement Screen, Certified (FMS) – UNKNOWN Unknown
- CRT-Kinesio Taping Practitioner, Certified (CKTP) – UNKNOWN Unknown
- LIC-Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – STATE_MI State of Michigan
SITE – Lakeland Health Park Medical Office Building 1 – 3950 Hollywood Rd – St Joseph
Orthopedic Physical Therapy/ Hand Clinic – St Joseph
Variable (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health’s application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
Link to Apply
See More: 1,000+ Strenght and Conditioning Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
To apply for this job please visit spectrumhealth.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.