Actuary jobs in Connecticut, USA – Apply for AVP/VP Pricing Actuary Jobs at PartnerRe – Stamford, CT. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
The position is embedded in the Worldwide Pricing & Analytics team, which is part of the Group Underwriting Office.
You will be based in the Stamford office, which is responsible for pricing North American business.
Your core responsibility is to be a Business Partner for the underwriters by providing profitability analysis of markets, segments, and/or individual transactions. In this role you will:
- Own and lead the pricing analysis for Specialty Lines, in particular NA Agriculture
and US Mortgage, while also providing support for Property Risk and Multiline business
- Provide subject matter and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for the above segments
- Lead or co-lead projects to refine key assumptions related to the above segments
- Liaise with Underwriting, Claims, Reserving, and the Managing Actuary to ensure that pricing reflects all relevant information
- Utilize PartnerRe actuarial models and understand the underlying actuarial theory
- Participate on a variety of project teams (model development, annual parameter studies, ad hoc requests)
You have gained 7 to 10 years of work experience in non-life reinsurance pricing with a focus on Specialty and Property business. You hold a Bachelor’s Degree and are at least an ACAS You bring along the following experience/profile:
- Understands mathematical and statistical concepts in addition to transactional actuarial pricing theory
- Exhibits clear communication and good time management skills even under pressure; communicates clearly and succinctly whether in oral or written form; attentive and active listener
- Identifies that a problem exists and applies critical thinking skills to develop solutions
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity to expand knowledge
- Navigates existing systems and processes to accomplish stated business objectives effectively and efficiently
- Identifies various macro and micro level views on a topic or situation
What we can offer you
An international environment where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists and are exposed to multiple lines of business. Our structure fosters collaboration with various partners in different locations. One of PartnerRe’s core strengths is its technical know-how, built over many years of investment in the right people working on challenges. Be that person and join us
- Corporate Pricing & Analytics Actuary Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance – Somerville, MA
- Quantitative Analyst – Product Design Jobs at Lord, Abbett & Co. LLC – Jersey City, NJ
- Quant Anl/Md Manager Sr Jobs at PNC – Louisville, KY
- Risk Analyst II Jobs at Credit One Bank – Las Vegas, NV
- Data Scientist, Analytics – Facebook for Business Jobs at Facebook – Menlo Park, CA
- Governance, Risk, Compliance Analyst Jobs at Bright Machines – San Francisco, CA
- Sr Biostatistician Jobs at Edwards Lifesciences – Irvine, CA
- Senior Biostatistician Jobs at Johnson & Johnson – Irvine, CA
- Senior Biostatistician Jobs at Catalyst Clinical Research, LLC – Raleigh, NC
- Statistician Jobs at Zoetis Inc – Kalamazoo, MI
See More: 1,000+ Actuary Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit partnerre.jobbase.io.