Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for AWS Mainframe Modernization – Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – East Palo Alto, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2132175
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
More and more enterprise companies are moving to the cloud so they can focus on business instead of technical debt. It’s a critical time for cloud providers, and Amazon Web Services is investing in making sure we continue to offer the world’s best customer experience for these complex migrations.
If the idea of accelerating a historic shift in technology excites you, apply to join us in the AWS Migration Services group. We are expanding by adding a new team to build a brand new service, and looking for talented engineers obsessed with customer experience and operational excellence.
As a Software Development Engineer on our team, you will design, build, and operate AWS services that will help large enterprise companies move their computing into AWS. You will become an expert in migrations, which are complex problems involving hundreds or thousands of computer systems that must be identified, organized, and migrated or modernized in a way that meets each customer’s unique needs.
What does a successful Software Development Engineer at AWS look like? You provide effective communication of your ideas within and across teams to create the right outcomes for your team and customers. The quality and efficiency of your code, design, and implementation set a great example of best practices for engineers.
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 13 employee-led affinity groups, reaching employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of quarantine, our team is co-located in the East Palo Alto, CA office and we work from home as needed for a doctor’s appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can’t be done from the office.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You’ll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through its launch
- Experience in designing and building large enterprise scale distributed systems
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with both technical and non-technical customers in order to articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems, and understand ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- UX Research Manager, People Engagement Experience (PEX) Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- L&D Coach Amazon Jobs – Arizona
- Senior Manager, Kindle Rendering Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer, Grocery Shopping Experience Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Manager, Amazon Grocery Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Technical Program Manager – AppSec, Amazon Application Security Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Software Development Engineer , Security Products Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Software Dev Manager (Level 6), AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS) Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Principal Product Manager – Tech, Prime Video Engagement Automation Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Social Marketing Manager, Prime Video Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.