Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for AWS S3 Senior Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1837580
Job Title: AWS S3 Senior Software Development Engineer.
Managing trillions of objects in storage, retrieving them in ms, building software that deploys to tens of thousands of hosts, designed for 99.999999999% durability. These are just a few of the numbers that give you a sense of the scale of the exciting problems you will find every day working in Simple Storage Service (S3). Amazon S3 powers businesses across the globe that make the lives of consumers better daily. Whether its electronic content delivered to your home, technology that betters your remote working experience, allows you to plan travel to exotic places or simply get stuff delivered to your home. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in S3, you get to deliver these capabilities and delight our customers through teams of talented engineers and leaders.
We are currently looking for a talented senior software development engineers to lead innovation in our Amazon S3 storage control plane team. Our team is passionate about the incredible opportunity that Amazon S3 presents and about cloud computing, in general. You will have the opportunity to deliver high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. Responsibilities include:
· Drive innovation and projects as technical lead of team.
· Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to deliver new features in performance, cost, reliability.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables.
· Build and implement high quality distributed system software.
· Work in an agile development environment prioritizing most important and impactful projects.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we’re all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives. We pride ourselves on a high level of ownership in the work we do. We maintain a regular on-call rotation across our teams with engineers and managers all taking part to resolve the inevitable issues that arise. We work hard to minimize getting paged in the middle of the night as we recognize that a well-rested employee is a productive employee.
Upon joining S3, every employee is paired with a peer buddy who will help you to quickly come up to speed in understanding the technology we’re building, the tools we use and the business problems we’re trying to solve. We hire exceptional people and we recognize the importance of coaching others. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, and job level.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
4+ years of professional software development experience
3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
* Proficiency building high scale distributed systems.
* Proficiency building and maintaining mission-critical enterprise software.
* Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
* Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr. Product Manager – Technical, Video Measurement Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- AWS S3 Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Senior Marketing Manager Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Senior Product Manager – Device Accessories Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Business Intelligence Engineer, Growth Opportunities Recommendations Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Copywriter (Santa Monica or Seattle), Prime Brand Design Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Social Creative Program Manager, XCM Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Embedded Software Engineer, Star Tracker Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Sr Software Dev Engineer, Music Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
- Sr. Product Manager – Tech (Royalties) Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.