Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Base Building Tech III Amazon Jobs – San Francisco Bay Area, CA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1751319
Job Title: Base Building Tech III.
Base Building Technician III
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance
& Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
The Building Technician III supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc. The Building Technician III also ensures critical infrastructure such as HVAC and fire suppression systems are maintained.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there is more: We provide lightweight fire resistant daily wear and composite toe safety shoes for your safety!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
· Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
· Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job assignments, appraisals and recognition. Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
· Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
· General interior maintenance – hang pictures, repair office furniture systems, minor plumbing
· Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
· Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
· Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
· Maintain and operate HVAC and building management system, evaluate and improve chronic comfort issues Inspect, maintain, and document work done to life-safety equipment such as fire suppression.
· Ensure compliance with both regulatory and industry best-practices for volatile infrastructure such as pressure vessels, electrical infrastructure with greater than 40 calories of incident energy, etc.
· Respond effectively to all emergencies.
· Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them
· Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
· Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system
· Must have ability to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, and use ladders up to 30 feet.
· A valid state driver’s license and pass MVR check
· Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Building Technician III role
· 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
· High school or equivalent diploma
· Completion of an applicable technical training program
· 3+ years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical
· 2+ years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a large scale utility plant including boilers, reverse osmosis units, chillers, cooling towers, diesel generators and electrical power distribution
· Possess mechanical and electrical aptitude
· Experience working with established GMP procedures in the operation and maintenance of utility equipment Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team
· Ability to seek outside resources as needed
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr. Software Development Engineer – Physical Stores Advertising, Physical Stores Advertising Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Account Manager Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Security Solutions Architect Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- IT Governance Specialist Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Software Development Manager, Data eXperience (DX) Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Environmental Test Technician Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Senior UX Designer, Amazon Fashion Amazon Jobs – San Diego, California
- Software Development Engineer, AWS Config Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Alexa Voice Service Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- ASIC Dev Sr. Manager, Machine Learning Acceletation Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.