Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Microbiology Jobs in New Jersey, USA – Apply for Biosafety Specialist Job at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center – New York, NY. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
We are seeking a Biosafety Specialist for our growing Environmental Health & Safety team. This is a pivotal role in an exciting area. Come join us!
Under the direction of the Biological Safety Manager, you will:
- Develop, implement, and continually evaluate the biosafety programs supporting activities involving biological agents.
- Serve as the alternate biosafety official on MSK committees, including the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Serve as a resource to the MSKCC community in support and promotion of safe work practices and regulatory compliance to federal, state, local, Joint Commission and MSKCC requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree (MS or PhD preferred) in Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Virology, or related major, with 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates with 8 years of relevant experience can be considered.
- Strong background and experience in microbiology, infectious disease and molecular biology (recombinant DNA).
- Knowledge of containment standards and engineering.
- Experience in applied biosafety, animal care and use, high containment research, and laboratory or EHS experience in a higher education or medical research environment.
- The capability of working independently and as a team member to develop and implement programs with EHS staff and MSK departments.
- Ability to act decisively when responding to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and city regulations pertaining to health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Proven initiative and analytical problem-solving skills – ability to use and interpret data to drive decision making.
For more info on our Environmental Health & Safety Department, please take a look here:
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Intern Pharmacist Job at Capsule – New Providence, NJ
- (USA) Pharmacy Grad Intern (Hrly) Job at Walmart – Fort Mohave, AZ
- Pharmacy Intern Job at RITE AID – New Haven, CT
- Pharmacy Service Technician – Work From Home Job at CVS Health – Phoenix, AZ
- Pharmacy Technician Certified – Daniel Drake Center – Pharmacy Job at UC Health – Cincinnati, OH
- Pharmacy Intern Job at Cleveland Clinic – Port St Lucie, FL
- Pharmacy Intern Job at Stony Brook University – Stony Brook, NY
- Pharmacy Intern Job at The Save Mart – Grass Valley, CA
- Pharmacy Intern – PRN Job at Bon Secours – Richmond, VA
- Work From Home Data Entry Agent Jobs at MCI – North Port, FL (Remote)
See More: 1,000+ Microbiology Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit externaltalent-mskcc.icims.com.