College of Southern Idaho
Custodian jobs in Idaho, USA – Apply for Bus Driver/Custodian Jobs at College of Southern Idaho – Twin Falls, ID. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Transport Head Start children and other passengers in safe, prompt and pleasant manner and assist the center staff to maintain a safe appealing vehicle and facility. Performs light- and heavy-duty cleaning of building(s) and lawn maintenance in assigned area and performs related work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current CDL plus all other endorsements as required (passenger and “S” endorsement)
- Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- Pass the Dept. of Transportation physical examination, as well as, program required agility criteria.
- Able to lift 50 pounds in repetitive manner with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to transport a child a minimum of 20 feet to exit vehicle in an emergency situation.
- Ability to climb up and down steps that vary in height.
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles (i.e. bus, van, car)
- Show proof of and maintain a safe driving record as outlined in Organizational Services Work Plan.
- Ability to maneuver from the driver’s seat to passenger area to conduct emergency evacuation procedures.
- Complete a PPD for tuberculosis testing
- Ability to perform basic tasks related to the operation and evacuation of a school bus such as the ability to kneel, step up and down, scooting from emergency exit door, assist children in entering and exiting the bus.
- Demonstrate ability to perform fine motor skills, and repetitive motion abilities as listed. Ability to open and close passenger entrance door, operate motor vehicles switches, use peripheral vision to scan field of vision, as well as, all mirrors, buckle and unbuckle all restraint devices associated with this vehicle.
- Complete criminal record check from Department of Health & Welfare’s Criminal History Unit prior to consideration for hire
Typical Duties And Responsibilities Essential
- Treat Head Start/Early Head Start participants, community members and fellow staff with positive regard.
- Use reason and judgment to operate Head Start/Early Head Start vehicle in a safe, prompt and pleasant manner.
- Gather and provide written information about the general maintenance of the Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles by maintaining current vehicle maintenance records.
- Provide information and training to volunteers on the operation and safety program related to the Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles as prescribed in Head Start Performance Standards.
- Keep all vehicles assigned to your center clean and continue the general maintenance schedule for Head Start/Early Head Start
- Monitor and track data related to Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles assigned to their specific center.
- Maintain a check in/out sheet for Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles at their center.
- Complete all program required paperwork regarding operation and maintenance of Head Start/Early Head Start vehicles.
- Participate in an individualized continuing education plan including, maintaining current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Manage child behavior through acceptable/appropriate methods. If there are questions discuss with the Center Supervisor and/or Lead Teacher.
- Collaborate with center staff to ensure the center is an inviting and nurturing environment reflective of the local community. The cultures of participating families will be reflective of the local community.
- Maintain safe working habits to insure a safe working environment
- Building maintenance and minor repairs
- Clean, sanitize, and polish lavatory and sink fixtures
- Dust, wash and sponge mop
- Sanitize and shampoo furniture, woodwork, walls, windows, and glass items
- Clean shades and covers on light fixtures
- Replace light bulbs
- Remove waste and debris from areas
- Sweep, vacuum, and shampoo carpet
- Strip, wax, and buff tile floors
- Move furniture
- Lawn/grounds maintenance
- Perform snow removal when applicable
- Look after assigned equipment to insure maximum life and efficient operation
- Monitor inventory
- Develop and update MSDS binder
- Collaborate with center staff to recruit and train Head Start bus monitors on as needed basis.
- Submit to all Department of Transportation required drug testing.
- Meet all other screening requirements as specified by CSI Head Start/Early Head Start.
- Perform designated clerical and maintenance activities as assigned. This position may be responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance of the Head Start/Early Head Start facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Plant Custodian Jobs at Sizemore, Inc. – Sylvania, GA
- Custodian Jobs at Bethel United Methodist Church – Spartanburg County, SC
- Custodian (Part Time), $1,000 Hiring Bonus Jobs at CubeSmart – Brockton, MA
- CUSTODIAN Jobs at County of Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz, CA
- Custodian Jobs at SBM Management Services, LP – Salt Lake City, UT
- Hospital cleaning / Housekeeper (3:00pm-11:30pm) Jobs at Barnes-Jewish Hospital – St Louis, MO
- Hospital cleaning / Housekeeping-Environmental Services (40 hrs/wk, Nights) Jobs at EvergreenHealth – Kirkland, WA
- Environmental Services Supervisor II / Hospital cleaning Jobs at Intermountain Healthcare – Mount Pleasant, UT
- Housekeeper Generalist / Hospital cleaning Jobs at Akron Children’s Hospital – Akron, OH
- Environmental Support Associate Jobs at MedStar Health – Baltimore, MD
See More: 1,000+ Custodian Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit csi-openhire.silkroad.com.