Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in United States – Apply for Business Intelligence Engineer, AWS Enterprise Support Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291205
Job Title: Business Intelligence Engineer.
Would you like join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? Enterprise Support is hiring!
About the team:
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) on the U.S. Public Sector and Amazon Dedicated Cloud (ADC) TAM Field Operations team. The Field Operations team is responsible for driving business performance enabling and the efficiency and effectiveness of field teams while ensuring the teams deliver a high bar on customer and employee experience. The BIE will partner with their cross-functional peers on the team to ensure the business has the right insights to understand and make key decisions about the business to ensure they achieve the goals and objectives. The BIE will also play a key role in providing insights for planning and strategy and execution of initiatives through data retrieval, modeling, dashboard visualization, etc.
You recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. You write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data as well as analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. Developing pragmatic analyses and choosing applicable solutions that add value to your business area, you understand data resources and know how, when, and which to use (and which not to use). By recognizing and using advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems, you develop analyses (whether fully formed or exploratory) for the business’ sake, not for analyses’ sake. You seek to understand the business objectives relevant to your area and align your work to those objectives and seek to deliver business value.
You will own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. within SQL, Redshift, Quicksights, Tableau, etc. You will be required to design and influence operational best practices for reporting and analytics to enable the team to scale as we expand. You will empower data-driven decision making through implementing principles of data mining, data modeling, and analytical skills to define and measure critical metrics.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with business stakeholders to define business problems and deliver minimum lovable products in days and weeks.
• Deliver analysis and develop predictive models in an Agile development environment.
• Collaborate with business analysts, data engineering peers, Business Operations, finance, and customers to deliver scalable consumption of analytics insights and statistics.
• Support the analytical needs of the team inclusive of routine reporting, statistical inference, predictive modeling, simulation, and visualization
• Partner with engineering, product, business and finance teams to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement.
• Retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, Oracle), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
• Analyze volumes of data to find the root causes behind variances and drive insights.
• Build new analytical tools, interfacing with business and technical stakeholders
• Develop models and metrics providing insights on customer experience and business performance
[LOCATION FLEXIBLE IN THE UNITED STATES]
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 3+ year of experience in business intelligence and statistical analysis role
- 3+ years experience with SQL/Python/VBA
- 3+ years power user with Tableau/PowerBI or other visualization tools
- 3+ years experience in building relational databases, reporting/BI platforms or leveraging statistics for data analytics
- 3+ years experience in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modeling, experience with ETL, etc.)
- 3+ years creation and ownership of metrics/reporting/dashboards/financial models for the different Business reviews cycles
• Data science expert with Machine Learning experience
• Attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining
• Experienced listener, quick learner, and able to handle ambiguity
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Exposure to AWS is desired but not required
• Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
• 5+ years of work experience of analyzing and interpreting data as a business intelligence engineer, data engineer, or at a similar capacity
• Experience with ETL development and data warehousing
• Experience with creating and building predictive/optimization tools that benefit the business and improve customer experience
• Experience with AWS QuickSight
The pay range for this position is $87,700- $153,500/yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
- Data Engineer, Analytics & Data Management Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY
- Software Development Engineer , AWS Identity Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Ads Identity Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
- Content Marketing Mgr, Amazon Publisher Services Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Robotics – Software Development Engineer (SDE) – Summer 2023, Robotic Strategy and Concepts Amazon Jobs – Westborough, MA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Partner Development Manager Tech, Strategic Partner Development and Support Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Game Designer, Prime Gaming Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.